Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I went for contrast. Mine is topaz blue so light or dark suits I think. But went for gunmetal wheels so thought I'd go for a darker wrap. Did try black carbon but it didn't look right imo

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have spare wrap if you want me to send you some (when I can). I have silver carbon, grey carbon, black carbon, brushed silver and matte silver. Give you an idea in the flesh. You don't see what the wrap is truly like until you see it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very nice job. Still haven't got round to doing the engine cover. Working at home also means a list of other jobs "more important than playing with the car" if you get my gist.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Very nice job. Still haven't got round to doing the engine cover. Working at home also means a list of other jobs "more important than playing with the car" if you get my gist.
I gave it a go but made a mess of it.... Will try again at some point.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How easy was the wrapping to do? Heat gun/ hair dryer? Blow torch? ?
Really depends on the piece you're wrapping, some pieces can be a pain to wrap. It's the corners and intricate bits that are harder. Large flat areas are a doddle. Just take your time to get bubbles out.

I used a heat gun, you only have to give it a quick blast of heat, don't over heat as it warps the pattern on the wrap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok great thanks, my silver trim is scratched and want to donut in black or carbon. I like the look of the satin black too.??? We shall see!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts