Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As some of my interior trim has the odd scratch i thought id give vinyl wrapping a go for the first time. As the interior is light brown and beige (with beige leather) the trim pieces im wrapping at silver. Ive initially wrapped a couple of pieces in 4D carbon wrap. However, although im happy with the quality of the out come considering its my first time doing this, im not sure 100% sure that it goes with the colour of the interior. Considering just plain silver or silver carbon look?

Opinions welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
To be honest that wrap looks great, I'm looking at trying to get OEM carbon to replace my alu trim but it's approx £1k+.

Good work and would be keen to know how it holds up or time

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. I'm happy with it considering it's my first attempt. I'm just unsure of the carbon goes with the grey and cream/beige door card. I've ordered some brushed metal wrap to see how that looks. The silver did contrast nicely with the door card colour.

I imagine it'll last as its not really a hard wear area.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all,

As some of my interior trim has the odd scratch i thought id give vinyl wrapping a go for the first time. As the interior is light brown and beige (with beige leather) the trim pieces im wrapping at silver. Ive initially wrapped a couple of pieces in 4D carbon wrap. However, although im happy with the quality of the out come considering its my first time doing this, im not sure 100% sure that it goes with the colour of the interior. Considering just plain silver or silver carbon look?

Opinions welcome.
The color match looks just fine. The gray the door trip is a great combination, The only problem I see is you have to keep the theme up for the whole interior. I understand wrapping the silver around the shifter and center console is a huge pain. Lots involved in removing the console. Would be nice if you could do it in place.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've gone for silver carbon in the end. After trying brushed silver, plain matte silver and carbon silver. I've read up on removing the centre console and it doesn't seem too bad, but you doing it in situ would good. But I think I coudk do a better job with it off the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
They look good mate, I did all mine in satin black -

Can't see it in the photos but on the door trims the texture of the metal comes through, looks really nice. The dash trims look so much better than the stock colour too, great wee improvement to bring the cabin up

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers buddy. I like the satin black.

I've got the centre console to do next

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I noticed its done in silver carbon. I'm going to do mine the same. Just that strip.

I'm new to Wrapping but already feel the need to go ott and just wrap whatever I can get my hands on ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
How easy is it to remove trim. Do you need to remove door cards to get at fixings etc or do they just pop out with a bit of careful leverage? I tried covering part of the centre console but the wrap wouldn't stick as it is textured. I did consider replacing with Audi carbon stuff but gave that idea up when I saw the cost.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Easy mate, they just pry off. I used a trim removal kit (plasitc prying tools). No need to remove the door car. My centre console is smooth, so ill be able to wrap it. Yeah ive head the carbon effect trim is expensive from Audi. Can get the same or similar look for a tenner for a sheet of carbon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good luck. I'm thinking of wrapping the plastic engine cover. I'll wrap a small test area first and leave it on a while to see if the heat of the engine bay affects it. The wrap is matt effect but will give it a coat of lacquer to protect it against the elements.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers. Get some pics up. I suspect the wrap won't withstand the heat. Especially near the turbo. But give it a try

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tried a strip of the vinyl wrap across the whole of the engine cover and it is still in place. No smell of burning, no shrinking, no curling edges. The wrap I've used says you can spray a coat of lacquer over it to help protect it but didn't do that on this occasion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice, may see about doing something similar then. Just need to get a big enough sheet

·
Registered
33 Posts
Exactly the same issue so was thinking of wrapping either one half with the other painted silver & red or wrapping specific sections to follow contours of the cover.

3M do one but it's beyond my idea of a reasonably priced mod.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could do the silver bit in 2 halves and leave the centre black or wrap it in black

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah I changed my mind again ? went for grey carbon in the end.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very nice, as my exterior color is dark blue. So i think a darker color......or will it mmm

1 - 20 of 27 Posts