Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my new A5 on order, and I've opted not to pay the £1,200 or so for the comfort pack (UK option). This pack as far as I can see comprises the electric seats (with memory function), auto dimming rear view mirror and folding door mirrors. I did however pay about £600 for the electric seats only.

My question is, is it worth paying an extra £600 to upgrade to the comfort pack? Is £600 worth it for the memory function, folding door mirrors, dimming mirrors etc.?

One option to to just pay for the rear view and folding mirror options separately, but it seems from this forum you lose out on things such as your side mirrors dipping down when you reverse.

Also, does the automatice wipers and headlights function need the comfort pack, or does it come with the basic rear view mirror option?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I've got my new A5 on order, and I've opted not to pay the £1,200 or so for the comfort pack (UK option). This pack as far as I can see comprises the electric seats (with memory function), auto dimming rear view mirror and folding door mirrors. I did however pay about £600 for the electric seats only.

My question is, is it worth paying an extra £600 to upgrade to the comfort pack? Is £600 worth it for the memory function, folding door mirrors, dimming mirrors etc.?

One option to to just pay for the rear view and folding mirror options separately, but it seems from this forum you lose out on things such as your side mirrors dipping down when you reverse.

Also, does the automatice wipers and headlights function need the comfort pack, or does it come with the basic rear view mirror option?

Thanks
You won't get 'memory' electric seats for your £600. In my opinion the balance is well worth it, folding mirrors, dimming interior and door mirrors are iff anything more useful than the electric chairs.

Cheers
RG

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yeh the comfort pack is worth it, the auto dimming, folding etc etc mirrors and stuff are great, especially when you park the car and reverse then the mirror dips down so you can see the lines in the parking space, great feature.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Auto-dimming rear-view mirror and dipping wing mirrors are a great feature, both of which I don't have on my newly acquired approved used A5. I had them on my previous car and I miss those features.

Can the dimming rear-view mirror be retro-fitted?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Yeh the comfort pack is worth it, the auto dimming, folding etc etc mirrors and stuff are great, especially when you park the car and reverse then the mirror dips down so you can see the lines in the parking space, great feature.
+1 That bit is really cool, only found it a week or two ago but it is great!:D

·
Registered
337 Posts

Thanks
How can we have a discussion about whether it is worth the extra or not ? If you want the options and want to spend the extra £ 600 then it is worth it to you. If you don't then it's a waste of money.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
How can we have a discussion about whether it is worth the extra or not ? If you want the options and want to spend the extra £ 600 then it is worth it to you. If you don't then it's a waste of money.
Course we can have a discussion...don't be a Bah Humbug!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
For me it certainly was, your views may vary with how important that £600 is to you for anything else...

If there's only you driving the car most of the time, the only time lack of memory will annoy you is after a service when the valet bay will leave the seat so high and near the steering wheel that it's physically impossible to get back in without moving the seat first, then it takes ages to find your "right" spot again.

If you plan to share driving duties, then memory is good to have. But you only get two memories though, so don't share the joy too far and wide!

Auto-dimming is a nice-to-have, but you can live without it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can the dimming rear-view mirror be retro-fitted?
I have asked about this and been told by the dealer that I can buy the bits but I am on my own after that. Not found anyone else with more information - as yet. Keep in touch and let me know what you find out as I miss the feature from my passat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts