Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last my s5 has arrived at the dealer.The car is being preped today and a viewing has been arranged for tomorrow.I am a little anxious to see it as i have yet to see one in red. I hope to have made the right choice! I will take the camara for some pics to drool over until delivery on 1st of march and will post them if possible.:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I bought my Ibis white the dealer had a red one next to it in the
showroom looked great. I couldn't do red again having just sold a red vette.
You won't be dissapointed looks better in person then pics.

·
Registered
273 Posts
At last my s5 has arrived at the dealer.The car is being preped today and a viewing has been arranged for tomorrow.I am a little anxious to see it as i have yet to see one in red. I hope to have made the right choice! I will take the camara for some pics to drool over until delivery on 1st of march and will post them if possible.:D
Ali, you're going to love it in red. Don't worry. The first S5 I ever saw was a red demo that AoA had parked in the Audi corporate showroom in nyc back in March of last year. It literally stopped me in my tracks as I did the ol' double-take. (That was my "forget the S4 cabriolet I'm going S5 for my next car" moment.) And, I originally ordered in red. You won't be disappointed. It is way hot.

The only reason I switched to the Sprint Blue was because I was worried that the red would be too conspicuous in the eyes of law enforcement. The joke was that the SB to which I switched turned out to be just as conspicuous. (Although I've really come to love the Sprint Blue.)

·
Registered
493 Posts
In my opinion sprint blue and brilliant red are best for the S5.. it is a sports car it has to be conspicuous :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I trust you are right but i will find out in a few hours.

·
Registered
493 Posts
We want pictures :) dont forget about what you promised :p

Congrats about the new car :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You were right the car looks great in red.Had a seat in it and a wee rev(ooh what a sound).I am still trying to wipe the smile from my face! The car has a real presence about it. I have posted some pics(eventually)let me know what you think:D

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice -I know you cannot wait to take her home...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Very nice Ali, not too long to wait. Looks good with the glass roof too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lovely welcome to the red club oh whats the two button like features at the sides of your front number plate

·
Registered
493 Posts
OMG I love it !!! :) congrats!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Those are the front park assist sensors.....
what are those? i don't think we get the front parking sensors over here on this side of the pond do we? it'd be nice if we do.... i love the rear parking cam and if we get the front sensors (even if they just beep) it would be awesome....

·
Registered
275 Posts
You should get them. They are part of the option that includes the front ( it beeps and gives indication in a diagram in the MMI display) - the camera is yet an additional option, which also includes the front sensors. There is no camera in front though, even as an option.....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for your comments,glad you like the car.I hadnt noticed the parking sensors in the pics. They were my wifes request as the s5 is a lot bigger than our current s3 and she is nervous about parking it.Is it a difficult car to park due to the restricted visability?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Is it a difficult car to park due to the restricted visability?
Just picked up my A5 yesterday. And I can tell you that due to how the hood slopes down, it's difficult to judge the edge of the front bumper from the driver's seat. For instance, I was attempting to pull up as far as possible to a wall in a parking garage (to minimize risk of anyone accidentally hitting the rear end), but I ended up getting out of the car to see how much space I had left between the wall and my front bumper. I discovered that I actually had about 3 feet (.9 meters) left to go. At that point, I was thinking to myself, "It sure would be nice if I had parking sensors in the front." So, I'm sure it will take some time for me to get used to where the front edge actually ends. Thank goodness I have rear sensors and the backup cam, though. Without that, the edge of the rear bumper would be just as difficult to judge where it ends, IMO.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just picked up my A5 yesterday. And I can tell you that due to how the hood slopes down, it's difficult to judge the edge of the front bumper from the driver's seat. For instance, I was attempting to pull up as far as possible to a wall in a parking garage (to minimize risk of anyone accidentally hitting the rear end), but I ended up getting out of the car to see how much space I had left between the wall and my front bumper. I discovered that I actually had about 3 feet (.9 meters) left to go. At that point, I was thinking to myself, "It sure would be nice if I had parking sensors in the front." So, I'm sure it will take some time for me to get used to where the front edge actually ends. Thank goodness I have rear sensors and the backup cam, though. Without that, the edge of the rear bumper would be just as difficult to judge where it ends, IMO.

I use the following in my garage. One for each car and they work really well.

Link

1 - 20 of 27 Posts