1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Why would anyone want a BMW in preference to an Audi?

IMHO Audis have better styling, better quality, better image, other road users are nicer to you, even Audi economy is creaping up (without using stop start)..
Sorry no BM's for me although who knows one day...

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I myself own A5, that speaks for itself. :) Well, this video is only comparing the acceleration in a straight line, nothing else. In this case, BMW is a winner. Otherwise Audi! :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
But from video with 335i vs S5 from 5th Gear we can see something else...

·
Registered
196 Posts
The guy in the Audi must be driving automatic or something because thats impossible

·
Registered
48 Posts
335i will be pretty close with the S5 on the low end. It's the top end that the S5 pulls away because of the V8. This isn't that improbable, although the 335i may have been running a tuned ECU.

·
Registered
6 Posts
before I say about two cars, don't be hating I just saying my opinion.

both cars are nice. I test drove both cars. BMW M3, 335 Coupe both 6peed and Audi S5 with 6 speed. I went Crevier BMW and Circle Audi^^.
M3 is beast growling sound from V8 is crazy, gear shift was not so smooth but it was ok. I was going 80-85 in a few sec. The M3 and 335 coupe handles very well. I went about 75mph at the corner. god damn it was so good. Salesman told me to push it at the corner so I did it.

now Audi S5. S5 has better design compare to both BMW. nice line and LED headlight. S5 feels more luxury bit more upper class than BMW. gear box is smooth interior was good. When test drove it, Streering feel was bit lighter than M3 and 335. I hope Audi could push the red line to few hundreads or thousand back. felt tech needle went up so quick I had to change gear every second ( this is how I felt).

bottomline is BMW is more sporty drivers car and Audi is grand touring car.

plus for Audi design

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
felt tech needle went up so quick I had to change gear every second.
You should try 3.0 TDI, you will be shocked. :D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is nothing new, always knew the 335i could take the S5 in a straight line. Big waow.
For me it is, indeed, very disappointing. :(

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Okay, I am sorry for causing this confusion, I read the comments on You Tube and thought it really was not S5.....so sorry guys for that. It is S5. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Information to all:
The car in the video is NOT S5. I am sorry for confusing you, I didn't know as well until I noticed that "S5" had only single exhaust, two pipes on the left and no on the right. It is probably 2.0TFSi.
The car is an S5. At one point you see the twin exhausts on the other side. Sorry to disappoint you Alejandro :(

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Information to all:
The car in the video is NOT S5. I am sorry for confusing you, I didn't know as well until I noticed that "S5" had only single exhaust, two pipes on the left and no on the right. It is probably 2.0TFSi.
That is an S5 points to note:

1. S5 Wheels
2. The brakes behind the wheels
3. Mirrors
4. Front grill and bumper are S5
5. Rear bumper is S5 (not s-line) and if you watch the video in high quality mode and slow it down you can see the other exhaust outlet on the other side.
6. Also you can hear the S5 exhaust note as it speeds away first.
7. It has american head lights, note the orange indicator bits and no euro car has these as far as I know and 2.0TFSi is only available in Europe at the moment.

Sorry dude, but the S5 can't keep up with the 335i in a straight line...who cares anyway....no matter what you do the 335i will never have that V8 rumble ;):D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I now feel like a total retard :D
I have been reading comments under the video on YouTube and many people are convinced that it was not S5. I am going to rewatch the video again and see.
Sorry to everyone for confusion.

SAJ:
Of course it is not that important, S5 (with AWE :D) is incredible vehicle and 335i (faster or not) will never be that attractive. It is just quite disappointing that it is slower (V8/V6,354/306,4x4/RWD,....).

·
Registered
14 Posts
It looks like an A5 to me, my subjective desire tells me this is not a S5!!

Take a look at the exhaust.

·
Registered
493 Posts
It is an S5 :) exhaust/rear bumper/rims.. all these things match the S5...
Just looks impossible to me that the 335i (0-100km/h for 6s.) beats the S5 (0-100 5.1km/h)... V6 vs V8
It cant be not tuned

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I now feel like a total retard :D
I have been reading comments under the video on YouTube and many people are convinced that it was not S5. I am going to rewatch the video again and see.
Sorry to everyone for confusion.

SAJ:
Of course it is not that important, S5 (with AWE :D) is incredible vehicle and 335i (faster or not) will never be that attractive. It is just quite disappointing that it is slower (V8/V6,354/306,4x4/RWD,....).
You have to remember that although the S5 has more horsies, the quattro system eats away at a lot of this and the power at the wheels is a lot less than what you would expect.

The 335i puts its power to just to the rear of the car so it looses less at the wheels. 335i is a tiny bit lighter too.

It looks like an A5 to me, my subjective desire tells me this is not a S5!!

Take a look at the exhaust.
Don't kid yourself on this is without a doubt an S5, that is an S5 rear bumber and who would put one on exhaust outlet when the otherside would be empty, close examination of the video in high quality will show you exhaust outlets on the other side not to mention you can hear the V8 easily.

It is an S5 :) exhaust/rear bumper/rims.. all these things match the S5...
Just looks impossible to me that the 335i (0-100km/h for 6s.) beats the S5 (0-100 5.1km/h)... V6 vs V8
It cant be not tuned
The 335i actually has an offical figure of 5.4 seconds but BMW are always conservative about these figures a typical example is the E46 M3 it had an offical time of 5.1 but many people could easily get it in 4.9 no problem.

As I said before who cares, my bro has a white E92 3 Coupe and his car gets no where near the attention the S5 does ever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Heh I was just playing around, if I wanted a pure fast car I wouldn't be buying the S5 anyways. In fact I tested the 335i before I bought the S5 and I'm very happy with my decision.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So how much power does S5 put to the wheels?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts