Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Okay so i have a question you guys. I have a '11 S5 cab and heard of guys with the 3g mmi being able to keep the rearview camera on all the time until a certain speed set within the Hidden Menu. I have already unlocked the hidden menu and was wondering if any of you guys know what to do? I am already able to watch a DVD while i am in motion.

Alex

This is what I did to change the camera actions when going from reverse to drive. You cannot do this from the hidden menu but rather from the coding area. I hope this helps.

1. Change Deactivation Speed of Audi Parking System to “5” from “15” (default)
a. [10 – Park/Steer Assist]
b. [Adaptation – 10] → Channel 23, change value to 5 (20 max value in km/h)

Note: This also affects the passenger mirror as well.

2. Change Rear Park Assist Camera action when going from “R” to “D”
a. [6C – Back-up Cam]
b. [Coding – 07]
c. Change software coding from “1001008” (default) to:
i. “1011008” = Deletes parking guide lines, keeps camera pause
ii. “1021008” = Keeps parking guide lines, no camera pause
iii. “1031008” = Deletes parking guide lines, no camera pause
d. Note: Default “1001008” = Keeps parking guide lines & camera pause

Since you are wanting to change out speed values too, this next coding will help with allowing you to use your MMI while on the move without the warning message.

3. Change the Speed which the MMI Menu Locks Out and Returns
a. [5F – Information Electronics]
b. [Adaptation – 10]
i. Channel 02: change value from 15 (default) to 250
ii. Channel 03: change value from 10 (default) to 249

How does the dongle work? Is this something that is easy to plug in and remove? Does the dongle change any coding on the MMI system permanently, or is it just a bypass which works while connected. Is there any way Audi can detect that this dongle was ever in place?
I'd prefer to not do any permanent programming changes to my car which may void my warranty should Audi detect changes made.

If all you're looking for is just VIM, look for a friendly Audi enthusiast with a Vagcom cable for help. The cable offers so much more but don't spend so much just for this feature. My cable has paid for itself many times over with little things as well as helping other Audi owners.

I have the 3G high MMI S5 2009. If i get VAGCOM and followed those instructions would having video in motion work for me too?
Bear in mind though this would be illegal in the UK. Any device displaying video must not be visible to the driver of the vehicle whilst it is moving!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.