Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this issue raised on the Audiworld Forum but not here.

Anyone getting vibration at 60-70 MPH? Some describe it as steering wheel vibration, but for me, the best description is "seat of the pants" which means that the whole car seems to be vibrating, not just the steering.

It was first described by some on that forum as a tire issue but now seems more related to control arms and bushings. Apparently, Audi is aware of it and is making some new control arms but the waiting list is long. My serivce rep just told me that it was a tire issue, and my car doesn't qualify for the TSB that describes this, but I'm still getting bad vibes. Annoying to say the least.

Any info from others with this issue?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've seen this issue raised on the Audiworld Forum but not here.

Anyone getting vibration at 60-70 MPH? Some describe it as steering wheel vibration, but for me, the best description is "seat of the pants" which means that the whole car seems to be vibrating, not just the steering.

It was first described by some on that forum as a tire issue but now seems more related to control arms and bushings. Apparently, Audi is aware of it and is making some new control arms but the waiting list is long. My serivce rep just told me that it was a tire issue, and my car doesn't qualify for the TSB that describes this, but I'm still getting bad vibes. Annoying to say the least.

Any info from others with this issue?
Try it:
drop tyre pressure to it minimum value and go, see how it go, then pump it up to max (check tyre type!) and go drive again, You will find power increase on high pressure same as more noises and vibrations and excellent fuel consumption. Then reduce air pressure and go..- I am sure You will find what is best for You after few tests.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

>>>READ ME<<<

I am closing this thread so that we don't end up having information scattered in various threads about this MUCH discussed topic.

The thread you should check out can be found here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.