Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked my trip computer and my overall fuel consumption is 12.9l/100km which is roughly 19 mpg meaning I get around 400kms on full tank. I drive on D and S depending on the situation. Most of the time, I use it on D. And this is in-city driving.

Is this is an awfully hight consumption? I have seen some more powerful cars get better consumptions here.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 1.8 TFSI, but with a manual gearbox...my average consumption is around 9,0 l/100km and this is for trips to work and a bit of city driving.

It has approximately 8.000 km on the road which means that it will get even better than this after the motor gets a few more thousands on it...

·
Registered
12 Posts
well first of all you got the maths wrong. if you do 12,9 l/100km , then that means that you do about 500 kms in town cause you got a 65 liter tank.... and 500 kms in city isnt all that bad. then you got an automatic (multitronic i guess) which is thirstier than the manual. so its not as bad as you think and maybe it has to do with your style of driving ( no offense there mate)........

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well first of all you got the maths wrong. if you do 12,9 l/100km , then that means that you do about 500 kms in town cause you got a 65 liter tank.... and 500 kms in city isnt all that bad. then you got an automatic (multitronic i guess) which is thirstier than the manual. so its not as bad as you think and maybe it has to do with your style of driving ( no offense there mate)........
As far as I know, multitronic is very inefficient for fuel economy. At 90km/h, at 7th or 8th gear, I get 14.0 l/100km.

·
Registered
114 Posts
At 90km/h you should have a consumption much lower than 14 l/100km....

I guess you are not looking at it while you are accelerating or you are moving up a hill...in this case what you see is normal!

I also guess that you have set your BC to show l/100km and not km/l...

just to check the basics m8 because sometimes we are trying to find something complicated while its very simple!

·
Registered
12 Posts
As far as I know, multitronic is very inefficient for fuel economy. At 90km/h, at 7th or 8th gear, I get 14.0 l/100km.
14l/100km??????????????? i get no more than 6 when im doing 90 and thats in my current 1.8t a4 cabrio which hasnt got an fsi engine( still waiting for my 2.0 A5 Quattro)......

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have now done 10000 miles and the computer says I have averaged 30 mpg since I got the car.
I usually get around 29 mpg on my daily commute with no motorway driving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have now done 10000 miles and the computer says I have averaged 30 mpg since I got the car.
And i reckon you could be averaging more than 32 mpg if you had the 17'' wheels rather that the 19''s. I know that the 19''s look better but thats about it.....a matter of styling and no more

·
Registered
40 Posts
14l/100km??????????????? i get no more than 6 when im doing 90 and thats in my current 1.8t a4 cabrio which hasnt got an fsi engine( still waiting for my 2.0 A5 Quattro)......
I get 11.5lt/100km with my M5 (90km/h, 7th gear). I believe it will be about 9.5lt/100km more or less with the S5. Something is very wrong!

Off Topic: George I see your build week is 12. Did they tell you how long will it take to deliver your car? Mine is week 11 and they told me +5 weeks (ETEA). Did you get it from ETEA or Mandilas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I get 11.5lt/100km with my M5 (90km/h, 7th gear). I believe it will be about 9.5lt/100km more or less with the S5. Something is very wrong!

Off Topic: George I see your build week is 12. Did they tell you how long will it take to deliver your car? Mine is week 11 and they told me +5 weeks (ETEA). Did you get it from ETEA or Mandilas?

1) his driving its wrong .......
2) 5 weeks here too.... (Mandilas)
week 11 is this week , your car is being built as we speek.... hehehe lucky you....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have checked my trip computer and my overall fuel consumption is 12.9l/100km which is roughly 19 mpg meaning I get around 400kms on full tank. I drive on D and S depending on the situation. Most of the time, I use it on D. And this is in-city driving.

Is this is an awfully hight consumption? I have seen some more powerful cars get better consumptions here.
Cruising at approx 100kph, I get a very respectful 6.8/100km, which is approx
41mpg, but thats motorway driving , in City driving I average 12.8/100km, which is what our friend from turkey gets aound 18-20 mpg so you are not alone.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Weird

Havn't been driving much the last 5 months, but from memory mine says i've averaged 36mpg so must be the hills in derbyshire. I get above 40 on the 15mile trip, all B roads, with around 5-10mins of traffic.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fuel consumption ofcourse depends on several issues:
-car and its engine effeciency
-car gearbox type
-car's tyre size and type
-drivers driving style and habits
-fuel quality (octane grade)
-road conditions (surface) and temperature
-mix of usage (city, country roads, highway, stationary etc.)

I have an A5 1.8TFSI with manual g-box and have an average consumption on around 8l/100km. When driving at 90-100km speed the consumption is 6-7L/100km.

My previous A4 3.0 multitronic had an average consumption of over 12L/100km for identical usage conditions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
41mpg, but thats motorway driving , in City driving I average 12.8/100km, which is what our friend from turkey gets aound 18-20 mpg so you are not alone.
Hi also said that "At 90km/h, at 7th or 8th gear, I get 14.0 l/100km."

Two things come to my mind. Either there is an engine or computer problem or hi drives like there is no tomorrow (no offence:thumbsup:)!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Did a run on the M62 last wednesday, reset the average consumption as I joined and got 41.5 at a steady 75 (indicated, 74 actual). Couldnt beleive that there was no traffic.
Averaged 35 on the way back with a mixture of motorway and other roads.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You must drive the same roads in Dublin , I get the exact same figures on the motorway at 100km I average 6.8/100km, and driving in town I average 12.8/100km, is our friend in Turkey all city driving.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm on 21,000 miles now and my 1.8T (manual) still reckons I have an average fuel consumption of 37.6mpg since I got the car about 11 months ago. On a good motorway run I can get 43-44 mpg. Going up hills I often end up <10mpg :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.