1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I did have VCDS on my laptop last used couple years ago
Tried to use it recently but said it was out of date
I updated it but now it won't recognise my interface which turns out to be non genuine one
Any idea how I can get it to work or where I can get another interface?

·
4,507 Posts
using official Ross-Tech software on a non genuine cable is illegal.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Chris,

Ross-Tech provide a freeware version called VCDS-Lite which might work with your interface.
However if you want the full functionality of VCDS then you need an authorised cable or interface. Ross-Tech have distributors worldwide.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the Lite version but still doesn't recognise my interface which is very strange as it worked last time I used it

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
switch off all of network connection
set back the system time that time when worked yet (if you remember)
reinstall the VCDS
and will be working fine
I use in same way

I have a 15.7.1 interface my system time is 06/05/2015

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, realize thread is from 2017. I'm looking to get the rosstech kit and understand not all are original. So far only VAG-COM Scanner by Ross-Tech & VCDS Software (2020 Diagnostics Cable Tool) seem alright, even though not original. Wondering if anyone can share feedback with their kit over original? Yes, already used VCDS-Lite from ebay, which is basically a promotion to get original as most features are limited.

Reason for using? Enable paddle shifting (from my new steering wheel with paddle shifter; originally the car didn't come with paddle shifter) on vcds long coding and I don't have any prior experience, so I am curious if only original can do long coding or alternative options can also?

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Evening all!!! I have used the full VCDS system I purchased from Ross Tech and it is really fantastic, I even managed to install cruise control onto a Tiguan!! If I can use it then anybody can guys. I will now use it with my S4.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've had two Ross-tech cables, I had to get the latest 3 VIN version as my old one wouldn't work on my MBQ MK2 Tig,s roof and ICE. I sold my old un limited one on EBay which offset the cost of the new one

·
Registered
395 Posts
I recommend just purchase the original and don't buy pirated or knock offs on eBay. Uwe has been a great supporter of the VW/Audi community, and I've been using VAG-COM for over 20 years. Every dollars you spend on a VAG-COM will save you hundreds in return.

Don't steal. Karma's a bitch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts