Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading through loads of threads I finally took the plunge and did the coding to enable Audi Drive Select on mine and my mates car. Both being 3.0 TDI's with MMI 2G.

From what I've read all V6 engines have servotronic steering.

This is the coding I used (taken from various other threads):

*Note: Bytes go left to right and Bits go right to left (Both starting at 0)*

09 Central Elec - Long Coding Helper

Byte 7, Bit 5 Change 0 to 1 (tells car ADS is installed, Charisma fault generated)

Byte 8, Bit 2 Change 0 to 1 (Enables engine setting in MMI)

Byte 8, Bit 3 Change 0 to 1 (Enables suspension setting in MMI [I didn't do this as my suspension isn't adjustable])

Byte 8, Bit 4 Change 0 to 1 (Enables steering [servotronic] setting in MMI)

Byte 8, Bit 5 Change 0 to 1 (Enables sports diff setting in MMI [I didn't do this as I don't have the sport diff])

Byte 17, Bit 7 Change 0 to 1 (Enables MMI display)

----------------------------------------------------------------

09 Central Electronic

16 Security Access

Type in code in pop up (for me it was 20113)

Click "Do It!"

09 Central Electronic

10 Adaptation

Channels 63, 64, 65, 66

Change Value to 4 for each channel (1 = Comfort, 2 = Auto (default), 3 = Dynamic, 4 = Individual)

Click Test and then Save for each channel

Ensure setting of 4 for all channels again

In MMI hidden menu go to Diag settings, Car menus maske, check 'Charisma' box and go down to Accept changes (this was already ticked on mine and my mates car). Whilst still in the hidden menu go to Diag settings, APK 0x01, 0x0B, 0x0C, check 'Charisma' box and go down to Accept changes.

I now have an 'Audi drive select - individual' option within the MMI and I am able to adjust the engine and steering.

Just a quick one, on my mates car when adjusting one of the settings within the MMI he gets the following 3 options: Comfort, Auto and Dynamic on mine I get: Comfort, Dynamic and Sport. Any ideas why mine is different?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just gone through all this and my mmi now says Audio drive select- individual but it is greyed out :( Any suggestions?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'd like to know what the differences are between Sport and Dynamic settings, if anyone knows??

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I thought the 4 settings were Comfort, Auto (default), Dynamic and Individual ?

What is the sport setting ?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the 4 settings were Comfort, Auto (default), Dynamic and Individual ?

What is the sport setting ?
They are the 4 settings in VCDS.

In my MMI though I get Comfort, Dynamic and Sport instead of the usual Comfort, Auto and Dynamic that everyone else seems to get.

·
Registered
498 Posts
So does anyone know the difference between Sport and Dynamic setting that I have displayed on mine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hmm, right i now have this selectable through the MMI but i dont feel as though selecting the options is doing anything. Before i started this vagcom mod i had ultra stiff steering once moving which was fantastic. Somehow i have turned this off and now have bog standard steering feel and the selection through mmi has no effect whatsoever :(
How can i get my stiff steering back?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm, right i now have this selectable through the MMI but i dont feel as though selecting the options is doing anything. Before i started this vagcom mod i had ultra stiff steering once moving which was fantastic. Somehow i have turned this off and now have bog standard steering feel and the selection through mmi has no effect whatsoever :(
How can i get my stiff steering back?
If you can't feel a difference when selecting the different options you haven't done the coding properly. Go back and double check it all.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you had the stiffer steering before and now you've lost it, sounds to me like someone beforehand may have activated this already on your car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have MMI 2G and would love to have this option on my S5!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have MMI 2G and would love to have this option on my S5!!!
You can easily do it with vagcom as above..

Right, i went back through channels 63 to 66 and stored values were 2 so changed them all to 4. Engine rsponse is now noticeably different but still dont have the steering back. What else do i need to check?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think I know the answer to this question. But might as well ask it.

Is there any point in doing this to a 2.0L TDI quattro? Have checked my coding sticker and have "1N1 - Power steering".

Will it do anything?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Just did this mod.... Works really well.

I like that you can switch between modes as your driving for instant switching of driving styles. The difference between comfort and dynamic is huge. Great that I can stick it all in comfort mode for when the wife is borrowing the car :)

Tempted into retro fitting the switch if its easy.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I know the answer to this question. But might as well ask it.

Is there any point in doing this to a 2.0L TDI quattro? Have checked my coding sticker and have "1N1 - Power steering".

Will it do anything?
I don't know if the 2.0 TDI has servotronic steering but you can still do the mod for the engine, that'll definitely work.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
1N3 is the code for servotronic steering.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Having it set to dynamic mode is fun but it certainly burns more diesel. I am averaging about 29mpg with this on.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts