Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, it has now been 4 months since I got my A5 and it's time for caring for the leather! :thumbsup: Problem is, I went to buy a leather care product and they all have a warning that they might hurt some kinds of leather (Valcona not specified per se)

So, the simple question is, which exact Valcona leather care products have you tried and which one is the best in your opinion?

Thnks in advance to all! :cheers:

·
Registered
255 Posts
First of all welcome to the forum and enjoy your car.
About leather care. After cleaning the leather (Milano beige leather) with a wet clean microfibre towel I apply Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. The first time I tried this product I made a test in a small surface just to check any possible problem. Nothing at all. There are a lot of products about leather care in the market.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Metalhawk,

I use AutoGlym Leather Cleaner. I don't know if this is available where you live.

My seats are Star Silver (almost white), so get cleaned every 3-4 months. The car is heading for 3 years old and the leather still looks good.

BTW Welcome to the forum - but please update your profile with your location.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mothers Leather Cleaner, then top it off with Mothers Leather Conditioner. Best setup I've ever used.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the replies!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Turtle Wax Ice Interior care. I like it because you can use it on your entire interior, including carpet stains. Doesn't leave streaks and isn't greasy. I have the alcantara inserts in my seats and this product took a small stain out of the alcantara as well.

Seems to do a better job of repelling dust too.

I've tried lots of others, including the Mother's leather care products and this is my favorite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts