Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty confident on the computer but don't know a whole lot about the electronics in cars. Despite this, I am very tempted to buy a VAG-COM kit to do some mods to my A5 such as the DRL mods.

Can someone who has used one please reply and let me know how easy it is to learn how to use it and also if the codes/tuts on the net are enough to be able to work it out.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I am pretty confident on the computer but don't know a whole lot about the electronics in cars. Despite this, I am very tempted to buy a VAG-COM kit to do some mods to my A5 such as the DRL mods.

Can someone who has used one please reply and let me know how easy it is to learn how to use it and also if the codes/tuts on the net are enough to be able to work it out.

Cheers
Hi Whealey - congrats on your car - it looks really nice with those wheels.

As for the VAG com mods, I'm just down the road from you in Doncaster if you want your DRLs etc sorting out. Beer chits are not necessary but probably accepted if offered. :D Let me know if you're interested.

If you do want to buy your own cable, then the software is easy to use and there are various threads on A5_OC that detail the necessary settings etc. Just do a search.

There is also a useful site here that has a lot of detail.

P.S. Please update your profile with your location - it helps provide accurate replies and information.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is very very kind of you, thank you. I may actually take you up on that offer for sorting the lights, that is all I really want doing so I suppose there is no need to buy the full kit.

I'm busy the rest of this weekend and next Saturday but perhaps next Sunday? If not then I can get away from work for an hour at lunch so could always meet you mid-week.

Will update my location

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Next weekend is fine with me at the moment (nothing planned). I could always take Mrs REB out for the day or you could pop across here. It will only take about 20 mins (if that) to do the mods.

Drop me a PM later in the week with what you want to do.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Or if you fancy a drive, you can come to next Saturday's A/S5 meet in Cromer. Vag com adjustments will be available there as well as a get together with other forum members.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.