Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Took delivery of my A5 S-line about 5 days ago. Loving it!!!!

As with most things in my life, i am not satisfied with how it comes out of the factory and am looking to make some of my own changes. First place i want to start is VAG-COM to sort out the winking DRLs and dipping mirrors for reversing and to change anything else useful. I dont have any of the kit and wondered if there are any users in or near London (I'm North West 7) who might be willing to assist? The appropriate drink will be offered in return of course!:cheers:

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
302 Posts
... if you can wait until week 20, I'll be in London on vacation and since I drive there, I'll have VAG-COM with me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey SkoTner, its good of you to offer, thanks. Week 20 - is that week of 18th May?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey SkoTner, its good of you to offer, thanks. Week 20 - is that week of 18th May?
No, the week of 11th of may. I'll arrive in London on the 13th and I will leave on the 15th. So the 14th would be the day that is. Preferably the afternoon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! I'll flick you a message a bit nearer the time and find out exactly when and where you are going to be. Many thanks again SkoTer.

Gav

·
Registered
89 Posts
Guys;
will it be possible for me to join you there?, I would love to mod my a5 with vagcom
Thanks
Marcin

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but....

·
Registered
353 Posts
Me and my VAG-COM are in Kent near South London area if it helps.

Maybe time to plan a southern England meet when the weather improves?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Me and my VAG-COM are in Kent near South London area if it helps.

Maybe time to plan a southern England meet when the weather improves?
Hi Deep,

Pleased to see you are posting again. Hope to be ordering my A5 this week and to receive it in June so count me in if a meet does get arranged.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi Deep,

Pleased to see you are posting again. Hope to be ordering my A5 this week and to receive it in June so count me in if a meet does get arranged.
Thanks, good luck with the ordering! I cannot believe some of the deals that dealers are doing right now, at this rate they will have "two for the price of one" deals...!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd be interested in meeting up too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you dont mind a 4 door coming along, i'd be well up for meeting to check out your rides :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi All,

Took delivery of my A5 S-line about 5 days ago. Loving it!!!!

As with most things in my life, i am not satisfied with how it comes out of the factory and am looking to make some of my own changes. First place i want to start is VAG-COM to sort out the winking DRLs and dipping mirrors for reversing and to change anything else useful. I dont have any of the kit and wondered if there are any users in or near London (I'm North West 7) who might be willing to assist? The appropriate drink will be offered in return of course!:cheers:

Thanks in advance.
IMHO, why would you want to disable the DRL's dimming when you indicate? I guess that you'd prefer the look, but surely it's better than the look of another car / motorbike implanted in your front end as "I didn't see him indicating officer"? Just my opinion...

·
Registered
18 Posts
The big indicators on the wing mirrors generally give the game away that you are indicating, that and the fact that if you can't make out the indicators flashing DRL's undimmed, you are either short sighted and should get off the road or too far away that it does not matter - just my opinion...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts