·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i adjust the time till the car auto locks using vag com

·
Registered
324 Posts
Do you mean time after unlocking using the key without opening the doors, or time from when you start moving?

Not sure if the time from unlock to re lock has been mapped out yet, but the 'time' to lock from when the car starts moving is speed dependent. I am looking for that one as well. Am also trying for the tv blackout adjustment. Will give you more details when I have them.

:running:

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I get the question right the topic starter is talking about the relocking feature. A car will relock itself after 30 seconds if no doors are opened after unlocking via remote. Is it that you are looking for? I am not aware of a change regarding this functionality.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi Sebastian, first off Vag Com rocks, secondly thanks for the info re the relocking feature. I have read somewhere about an adaptation edit for the speed of the TV display, have you heard anything related to this? I know there is a OBDII plug that overrides it but would prefer the vagcom version if there is one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry, but we have no interested in people watching TV while driving. Even though it would be (obviously) possible with VCDS in most states and countries this is simply illegal, not even to mention the unsafe factor...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ah but thats just it, it isn't for me, how about the passengers in the car on the morning crawl to work...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ben, don't take this personal please but over the years I have heard numerous excuses and some were even more convincing than yours. :D The general problem however remains, the driver "can" still look at the screen and from experience he will... If you really need to have it so badly I am sure you can find a company or tool who enables this for you, but then again also bare in mind that it may be illegal in your country to do so.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I get the question right the topic starter is talking about the relocking feature. A car will relock itself after 30 seconds if no doors are opened after unlocking via remote. Is it that you are looking for? I am not aware of a change regarding this functionality.
sorry i posted that from my i[hone, yes this is what i want

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ben, don't take this personal please but over the years I have heard numerous excuses and some were even more convincing than yours. :D The general problem however remains, the driver "can" still look at the screen and from experience he will...
Hi Sebastian, not taking it personally at all. I just don't like not having the option, afterall we did pay for it to start with. It is however low on my list of priorities for the car, and I like tinkering with whatever I can, hence why I bought the cable to start with I spose. Yes I can obviously see the screen, hence temptation would be there and I'm sure it is illegal in Australia, but then again so is modifying cars at all technically, doesn't seem to stop anyone though :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts