Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all. I'm new to the forum and was just wondering if anyone on here has experience of using a handheld code scanner on an Audi A5 3.0TDi Quattro? I recently bought one that was suppose to work with any OBDII connector for any VW or Audi from 1996 onwards. It works fine on our 2000 1.8T TT but not the A5. I've read in a couple of places that this is because one is a diesel and the other a petrol and it only works with petrol which clearly doesn't seem right to me! If anyone on here has knowledge of what works for their A5 3.0TDi I'd love to hear back please.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
2011 A5 3.0TDI Coupe Black Edition Quattro
11 Posts
Afternoon all. I'm new to the forum and was just wondering if anyone on here has experience of using a handheld code scanner on an Audi A5 3.0TDi Quattro? I recently bought one that was suppose to work with any OBDII connector for any VW or Audi from 1996 onwards. It works fine on our 2000 1.8T TT but not the A5. I've read in a couple of places that this is because one is a diesel and the other a petrol and it only works with petrol which clearly doesn't seem right to me! If anyone on here has knowledge of what works for their A5 3.0TDi I'd love to hear back please.

Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark
I use AncelTech VD500, does work well on the A5 , mines 2011 3.0tdi black edition coupe, did rear brake retraction also as we’ll fault codes and clearing them

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
You could also consider a Carista dongle and the accompanying Carista app. I’ve had one for years, and it’s great for service items, code scanning, and some basic customisations. The de facto standard for this kind of stuff is VCDS, but it may be over spec for what you want to do, and is quite pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could also consider a Carista dongle and the accompanying Carista app. I’ve had one for years, and it’s great for service items, code scanning, and some basic customisations. The de facto standard for this kind of stuff is VCDS, but it may be over spec for what you want to do, and is quite pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ok thanks. I will give the VD500 a go first and if it doesn't work to my liking I will take a look at one of them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mark

If you anywhere near Coventry your welcome to come and give it a try, but they are relatively inexpensive anyway 👍🏻
Thanks for the offer but I've already ordered it :-D
Will be testing it later today but tested on my TT and it works fine with that unit. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts