Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just got the message that my car was being built V26.
I read somewhere that there was a "breaking point" around there, anyone knows exactly when that is?

Is there a "significant" advantage in having a 2009 btw?

/J

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Usually Audi/VW starts building the new model year on calendar week 22 (last week), this also has been confirmed by reports to have happened this year as well. So a car built on week 26 definitely will be a 2009 model.

Trunk lining will be darker colour (black instead of grey). If your car is to have side assist then it will work from 30 km/h upwards (old was 60 km/h). (In the U.S. side assist is apparently part of the tech package starting from model year 2009, before it was a stand-alone option.) If your car has drive select, then the colour/type of the plastic controls for drive select have changed (matte instead of glossy).

Also other small visual changes, software updates and some minor upgrades to electronics (some rumours of improvements to the Audi bluetooth car phone, who knows) wouldn't be unheard of. We pretty much have to wait until cars start to hit new owners (next week for the earliest ones perhaps?) to know of such details.

Oh, and I almost forgot: AUX IN connection for all radios (and MMI/navi too) in the center console for connecting, say, an iPod (even without AMI).

There are also reports that emissions might be a bit lower for some engines in model year 2009.

There are also some new options for model year 2009 but those will probably not affect you unless you manage to make changes to your order with your dealer.

German list of some of the known changes for model year 2009 (not complete though, at least AUX IN is missing from this list but is confirmed by new pricelists), try babelfish.yahoo.com for translation:

Audi A5:
+ Option: S Sportsitz für S5 mit Alcantara/Leder-Kombination (mit S Prägung)
+ Option: S Sportsitz für A5 mit integrierten Kopfstützen (ohne S Prägung)
+ Option: Lederpaket, belederte Armauflagen in den Türverkleidungen vorn und den Seitenverkleidungen hinten
+ Gepäckauskleidung in Schwarz statt grau
+ Schalter Drive Select in schwarz matt statt schwarz glänzend
+ Side assist arbeitet schon am 30km/h (statt 60km/h)
+ Option: Fernlichtassistent mit Licht/Regensensor und Scheibenwischer-Intervallschaltung
+ Option: S line Exterieurpaket: inklusive verchromte Auspuffendrohrblende bei 4-Zylinder

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
For easy reference, here's the translation (albeit a few words missed):

+ Option: S Sports seat for S5 with Alcantara / leather combination (with S-style)
+ Option: S Sports seat for A5 with integrated head restraints (without S-style)
+ Option: leather package, belederte armrests in the front door panels and rear side panels
+ Gepäckauskleidung in black instead of gray
+ Switch Drive Select in matte black instead of shiny black
+ Assist Side has been working at 30km / h (instead of 60km / h)
+ Option: beam assistant with light / rain sensor wipers and interval circuit
+ Option: S line exterior package including chrome Auspuffendrohrblende 4-cylinder

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh Aux in, i hope its not as ugly and obvious like the cup holders, I hope it hidden away.

Any one got any pictures of this new feature?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
AUX-IN is very discreet (see on the right). It is opposite the 12V plug.

Credit to kokki for the image. (The image is from A4 Avant 2009 but I assume it is the same for A5 since about everything else is the same in the interior...)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Here are the known CO2 changes in model year 2009 compared to 2008:

3.2 multitronic 207 -> 199
3.2 quattro manual 219 -> 213
3.2 quattro tiptronic 220 -> 215
2.7 TDI multitronic 179 -> 167
3.0 TDI quattro manual 191 -> 172

...at least if the French price list is accurate and representative of A5s elsewhere as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.