Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, is there anywhere online from where i can download the A5 user manaul and MMI manual?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Hi, is there anywhere online from where i can download the A5 user manaul and MMI manual?
Now there's a good question - I hope so as it would give me something to read whilst I await the 5th January with youthful anticipation. :D

Well, is there, please?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any luck with finding the owner's manual in electronic form? I just order an A5 and I would love to start reading the manual before it arrives. Please let me know if you manage to find it.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Dear all,

I asked my dealer if there was a version of the owner's manual available either online or in .pdf format. According to my dealer, this is something Audi don't do for copyright issues. Only way you could get one is for someone to cut up their own owner's manual and scan it into a computer and convert it to a .pdf but by doing this and then posting it online, it would again be a clear breach of copyright, so I'm afraid it's not something I'm going to get involved with I'm afraid (also not willing to cut up my owner's manual!):(

Until someone does it and posts it somewhere, I'm afraid there's no chance of Audi doing it for you. Just have to wait for your cars I'm afraid. For me, delving into the manual is part of the fun of the first few days of ownership anyway.:)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ordering Info for S5 Owner Manual- US source

The publications are available from a US source Audi America.

http://www.audi.ddsltd.com

I would think there would be a corresponding UK or EU type of site.

The ordering info for the Owner's Manual and MMI Manual are as follows:
WSA2815618TS23 2008 AUDI S5 OM ENGLISH $40 USD
WSA28256283221 2008 AUDI MMI HIGH $10 USD

I ordered both to get a leg up on the systems before I take delivery.
They both have been helpful.

·
Registered
907 Posts
My S5 came with a CD disc that contains all the user guide. You put it into one of the c.d.slots and then navigate your way around it with the mmi. I haven't tried putting into a p.c. but hopefully it can be read and displayed. so you could ask your dealer to borrow one of those until your car arrives.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My S5 came with a CD disc that contains all the user guide. You put it into one of the c.d.slots and then navigate your way around it with the mmi. I haven't tried putting into a p.c. but hopefully it can be read and displayed. so you could ask your dealer to borrow one of those until your car arrives.
The User Manual CD included inside the printed User Manual works on a Mac so it should theoretically work on a PC.

Open the folder corresponding to your language ("EN" for English) then open the file "INDEX.HTM" in your chosen web browser.

You might want to reduce the size of the browser window to something smaller as the display otherwise looks odd. It was formatted for a smaller width window.

Screen shots of a Safari on Mac shown below.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yeah, the CD manual that comes with Audi MMI (navigation) sure works on a PC too. And you can browse it in the car via MMI.

Just open the INHALT.HTM and you get to the manuals easier than the INDEX.HTM which forces you to go via the alphabetical index.

It is the full manual with pictures and all... try if a test drive vehicle would have the CD and ask to make a copy, if the dealer is willing. Or maybe buy a CD from dealers spare parts... or ask a freebie.

You might want to reduce the size of the browser window to something smaller as the display otherwise looks odd. It was formatted for a smaller width window.
Yeah, it was formatted for the MMI screen. :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Just out of interest ... has anyone tried using the MMI to browse any other HTML content? It's possible I've misunderstood and the content has two formats ... web-based for PC, Mac etc and proprietary for Audi.

I didn't get a CD with mine (no satnav) and I have AIS rather than MMI so there doesn't seem to be much point me trying this.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Just out of interest ... has anyone tried using the MMI to browse any other HTML content? It's possible I've misunderstood and the content has two formats ... web-based for PC, Mac etc and proprietary for Audi.
Yeah, I remember someone trying this on an A6 (same MMI) and I do believe it worked (just clone the basic structure of the Onboard Manual), I think the goal was to show some own pictures on the MMI screen then if I remember correct... the Onboard Manual is much like local a web browser in the car too, so it is logical it would work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
From my understanding the US site only provides a hard copy verion of the owners manual. Is there any way I can purchase a soft copy version from somewhere? It would make nice christmas reading as I await arrival of my car sometime in January... Any help would be much appreciated?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

Reviving an old thread - I didn't get the CD though was wondering if anyone had found a downloadable image of the on-board manual? That way, a quick download, burn and copy to the car HDD and all would be good.. :)

:cheers:
Cam

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Hi guys,

Reviving an old thread - I didn't get the CD though was wondering if anyone had found a downloadable image of the on-board manual? That way, a quick download, burn and copy to the car HDD and all would be good.. :)

:cheers:
Cam
Hi, try this. Its UK orientated and for a cab, but not too many differences and the MMI section is identical.

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI if someone will need it in the future:
Audi Online Owner's Manual

Currently "experiencing technical difficulties", or maybe it's just my VIN being not from USA. Maybe someone could check if it works from other parts of the world?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts