Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kind of UK specific, but has anyone looked in what the residual values of their cars, particularly S5s, are? I just looked at part-ex'ing my S5 (10 months old, 16000m, all the toys) and got offered £29000 for it! Ridiculous! Few other dealers have put slightly higher values down but say they can't find a buyer! Apparently Glass' guide has still got used values above list but a guy I was speaking to said there have been a large number of new order cancellations, prob due to fuel prices, tax and all that jazz.

Bummer... :mad:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I work in vehicle finance and any car that is petrol and thirsty is being hit REALLY hard in terms of its value at the moment. This includes desirable motors, even those with long waiting lists.
Supercars are being hit particularly badly. This always happens when the economy takes a dip (Jaguar XJ220 springs to mind from the last recession - a complete failure as it was launched at the wrong time).

Retail on a 07 plate S5 with 15k is £39175 in Glass's with the trade price of £36175. However, Glass's and CAP are notoriously slow at being up to date with the feeling of the overall market and its a case of "throw the book out of the window" I'm afraid. :(

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would have at least thought £38,000

The figure given by Booster £39175 sound spot on of an 07 plate S5.

It was only 2 months ago i was looking at a second hand one. 08 plate with 12,000 miles fully loaded going for £42k!

£29K is just daylight robbery!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts