• used M6 for 70000

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • new S5 for 67000

Votes: 65 68.4%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
M6 is a mighty impressive car but it's just so ugly! It does have a real presence about it though.

But if you're going for outright performance wouldn't you go for an M3?

·
Registered
491 Posts
i would take the s5 over the m6 but the m6 over the m3. the m6 does have a certain something to it that the m3 doesnt.

·
Registered
491 Posts
i think that both the interior and exterior designs of the S5 are far superior to that of the bmw and to tell you the truth the S5 isnt lagging much in the performance department either. there was a video of the S5 vs. the m3 and although the m3 came out on top, it wasnt by very much. as a DD i would much rather have the S5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF5EtSzR7so

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya..if we're not looking at the 354 vs 500 hp..i'd pick s5 too. The central panel of M6 looks like the designer is in a hurry so he just put 3 buttons on it and left. And for some reason i think the carbon fiber trim of M6 not only does it not make the car look cooler, instead makes it look cheaper...i duno. ..but v10 and 500 hp is attempting.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
M6? (or any newish BMW) - No ta!

·
Registered
493 Posts
M6 is an old model now... Soon to be changed I think

·
Registered
470 Posts
M6 is an old model now... Soon to be changed I think
Trust me i've seen some of the new model's BMW has been coming out with and you're gonna want to get as many used one's as possible lol. The new 7-series looks like a pair of my grandpa's underwear from the 70's :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Even though I don't like BMW, but in these case I would definitely go for M6.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Trust me i've seen some of the new model's BMW has been coming out with and you're gonna want to get as many used one's as possible lol. The new 7-series looks like a pair of my grandpa's underwear from the 70's :rolleyes:
U are right. The 7-series really look strange but the thing is that I think people should get new models because they won't be changed soon :)
The M6 is a great car but still...

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
U are right. The 7-series really look strange but the thing is that I think people should get new models because they won't be changed soon :)
The M6 is a great car but still...
Do you understand that M6 is at least one class higher than S5? Not just that, it rocks in terms of power & handling and acceleration is simply colossal, the S5 is better looking, but simply nowhere close to M6 in terms of entertainment.

·
Registered
384 Posts
M6 for me. Awesome car.
The 6 series is one ugly car. Hate that hump in the back. Considering the weight of this car, the fact that old ladies drive the 650, and that it is generally an older person's car, I don't like it at all.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Do you understand that M6 is at least one class higher than S5?
I don't think 'class' and 'BMW' (M6) should be in the same sentence. I think most BMW's are pants.:D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Were you really expecting an unbiased opinion on this site? Go to a BMW site and ask the same question. :D

I would take the S5, just because of how rare the car is. However, that 500 hp is awful tempting. I guess the best way to know is to drive each one and see what you like best.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think just looking is enough for me!!

R

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just so we're clear that everyone is on the SAME page as to what an M6 is ... independent of what your definition of is, is ... or what your perception of BMW is ...

Beast

I'm now seeing '07 M6's with LOW mileage selling for $60k.

THAT vs an S5?

Yabadabadoooo ...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts