Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm unfortunately having to seriously consider selling my 2009 S5 - having moved to a different part of London my insurance doubled overnight, and now my council is doing emissions-based parking permit charges for residents.

I've been looking on Piston Heads and Auto Trader but there aren't many B8 S5s for sale. Is that because no one wants them? Or just not enough supply in the market?

Mine is in average condition - I'd love to spend more time bringing it up to scratch but I don't have a garage or driveway to be able to do any major work.

Any thoughts or comments welcome. It pains me to have to see it go :(

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Hey mate sorry to hear this sad tale, you must be a young guy so judged to be high risk. Your S5 sounds great and needs a good home, perhaps you need to downsize or just wait till you have a parking space or whatever. No idea about the UK market sorry but some clever fellows will be along soon. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey mate sorry to hear this sad tale, you must be a young guy so judged to be high risk. Your S5 sounds great and needs a good home, perhaps you need to downsize or just wait till you have a parking space or whatever. No idea about the UK market sorry but some clever fellows will be along soon. Good luck!!!
Ha! I wish I was still considered "young". Unfortunately, it's more a case of moving from one of the lowest car crime areas of South London to the worst crime area of London!

Waiting for a parking space isn't an option unfortunately. My council won't even let me put a dropped curb if I had the space for a driveway :(

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’ve been looking at them for a few months, but ended up buying a 3.0TFSI A5. From what I saw, well spec’d S5s with low owners and well documented service history were snapped up quickly. Those with poor credentials, at the bottom of the market are still sat there now, after a good few months. One particular dealer owns most of these!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts