Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions for Navi guys in the states. I am debating ordering a car without nav.

How is the POI database?

How is the input for this? Does it blank out letters that aren't possible?

Is the data pretty current?

Do you wish it had a touch screen?

Does it do "Find the nearest Dairy Queen" or "Ice Cream parlor"?

Thanks.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a few questions for Navi guys in the states. I am debating ordering a car without nav.

How is the POI database?
So far it seems good. It is more up to date and has more entries than the year old Tom Tom my wife uses.

How is the input for this? Does it blank out letters that aren't possible?
Really easy to use. Yes it does blank out the letters not available.

Is the data pretty current?
It seems that it is.

Do you wish it had a touch screen?
Sometimes or an easier to use scroll feature. I have touch screen in two work trucks and they are great to move the map around but not as easy to use to input data. They seem to get false inputs. The MMI wheel does not have false inputs that much, except for user error.

Does it do "Find the nearest Dairy Queen" or "Ice Cream parlor"?
It finds restaurant. I have not tried to find a individual business name or by a individual category yet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The traffic is redundant if you have Sirius, that constantly plays traffic alerts for the metro area.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The traffic is redundant if you have Sirius, that constantly plays traffic alerts for the metro area.
I don't want Sirius... anyways, I drove a friends 335i for a bit, it was nice that not only did it know where construction/accidents were, it automatically plans the fastest detour around them for you. It sux that Audi MMI nav doesnt have it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts