Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to my dealership yesterday and got to sit in the first S5 that they got in and it was amazing. I am so happy with my decision. I chose phantom black instead of the meteor gray they had on this one but everything else was the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nice! Thanks for posting the pics.

I just went to my dealership yesterday and got to sit in the first S5 that they got in and it was amazing. I am so happy with my decision. I chose phantom black instead of the meteor gray they had on this one but everything else was the same.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

A few questions:
1. Did it include a sunroof?
2. Did it include Audi Select?
3. Did it include MMI?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
What dealership in Houston? I may have to take a drive up....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

A few questions:
1. Did it include a sunroof?
2. Did it include Audi Select?
3. Did it include MMI?

Thanks.
I checked out a newly arrived S5 at a Dallas dealership today. Yes, it had a sunroof. It did include MMI ... and it even had an iPod connector in the glovebox. I do not know whether Audi Select was included (forgot to check).

When everyone says this car looks so much better in person, they are definitely telling the truth! Wow, wow, wow!!! It's just stunning to look at from all angles.

Upon starting the engine, I found that it's actually a lot quieter on the inside than I had anticipated. I found myself wanting to let down the window just so I could hear the growl of the exhaust note. :) Also, driving over a bumpy road was a lot more comfortable than I was expecting with those 19" wheels and sport suspension.

·
Registered
318 Posts
It sounds like the exhaust might be no different than the European versions (contrary to the info Road and Track provided). Either way, good to know. Will probably upgrade the exhaust later anyway for a bit more sound.

Upon starting the engine, I found that it's actually a lot quieter on the inside than I had anticipated. I found myself wanting to let down the window just so I could hear the growl of the exhaust note. :) Also, driving over a bumpy road was a lot more comfortable than I was expecting with those 19" wheels and sport suspension.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Looks Great! I see that the U.S. models have the amber side markers while the European models have the clear markers.
Good observation. I was touring the Corvette factory a few years back and noticed a few cars on the assembly line had different variations of both side markers and rear lights, seems that U.S., Europe and Japan all have sligh variations on their laws.

Do you have an orange/amber bulb inside your side marker?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I checked out a newly arrived S5 at a Dallas dealership today. Yes, it had a sunroof. It did include MMI ... and it even had an iPod connector in the glovebox. I do not know whether Audi Select was included (forgot to check).

When everyone says this car looks so much better in person, they are definitely telling the truth! Wow, wow, wow!!! It's just stunning to look at from all angles.

TX,

There was a question earlier about the sunroof, did it slide back into the car's roof or did it pop-up then slide back so it is sticking outside the car?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
TX,

There was a question earlier about the sunroof, did it slide back into the car's roof or did it pop-up then slide back so it is sticking outside the car?
Andrew, the sunroof does not slide back at all. It only tilts open about 10 degrees upon pressing a button. It's a really, really large sunroof. (See attached pic.)

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good observation. I was touring the Corvette factory a few years back and noticed a few cars on the assembly line had different variations of both side markers and rear lights, seems that U.S., Europe and Japan all have sligh variations on their laws.

Do you have an orange/amber bulb inside your side marker?
Ahhhh...the National Corvette Musuem in Bowling Green. Funny thing is I had a C5 and switched mine to the Euro Taillights (half moon). I don't currently own an Audi but I did change my side marker to the clear ones with amber bulbs in my E500 which is my current vehicle.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sounds like all the dealers are getting their demos in. My dealer, Bell Audi in Rahway, NJ, got his yesterday -- meteor gray with magma red interior -- and called to let me know that I could come in for a ride. The car is totally sick. It corners flat. And in slalom-like maneuvers it took several back and forth turns before the suspension started to feel a little overwhelmed, however, as you would expect, the car never drifted into oversteer. We also did some hard cornering and the seats (silk napa) were quite grippy and supportive.

BTW, the car has an unbelievably sexy exhaust note and neck snapping acceleration. Don't believe Audi's "official" 5.2 second 0-60 time number. More like mid to high 4 second numbers (similar to what I've been reading in the automotive press; I think the latest C&D review had the car at 4.4 or 4.8.)

The interior is gorgeous; although I think I'll be happier with the silver I ordered for my S5. For everyone who wanted to know how the meteor gray looks in person, it is lighter than the photos you've been seeing, but still quite handsome. (I'm still happy with my Sprint Blue choice, though.) Also, the sunroof, which everyone seems to want to know about, is a tilt-up only affair, although it is panoramic, covering virtually the entire roof above the front and most of the rear seating areas. There is a rollout sunshade that you can pull back to shade the interior if you choose.

Although there have been rumors of delivery delays, my dealer told me I'm still in line for a November delivery. I'll let everyone know more info if I get any.

·
Registered
318 Posts
In your opinion, did the sunroof seem functional? Meaning, is the amount that it pops up sufficient for getting some airflow once inside the car?

Andrew, the sunroof does not slide back at all. It only tilts open about 10 degrees upon pressing a button. It's a really, really large sunroof. (See attached pic.)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
In your opinion, did the sunroof seem functional? Meaning, is the amount that it pops up sufficient for getting some airflow once inside the car?
It really doesn't seem to tilt open all that much. My guess is that it should provide a sufficient amount of airflow. But, I'm not the best person to ask since I have nothing to really compare it to. (i.e., I haven't spent much time in cars where the sunroof was tilted open. It's been mostly ones where the sunroof was slid open completely.)

I should point out that the interior sunshade is perforated, and the dealer mentioned that this is to allow airflow to still come inside even if you choose to have the sunshade closed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It really doesn't seem to tilt open all that much. My guess is that it should provide a sufficient amount of airflow. But, I'm not the best person to ask since I have nothing to really compare it to. (i.e., I haven't spent much time in cars where the sunroof was tilted open. It's been mostly ones where the sunroof was slid open completely.)

I should point out that the interior sunshade is perforated, and the dealer mentioned that this is to allow airflow to still come inside even if you choose to have the sunshade closed.
Methinks your dealer misspoke. The sunshade is perforated, which allows some LIGHT to come in through the roof, even when the sunshade is drawn. However, with the roof closed, there will be no AIRFLOW unless something has gone dramatically wrong topside.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Methinks your dealer misspoke. The sunshade is perforated, which allows some LIGHT to come in through the roof, even when the sunshade is drawn. However, with the roof closed, there will be no AIRFLOW unless something has gone dramatically wrong topside.
No, the dealer did not misspeak. Perhaps it was just the way I phrased the sentence. I was just trying to convey that even with the interior perforated sunshade closed, airflow will still come inside ... that's assuming the sunroof is tilted open. :) But thanks for the clarification.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.