Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone.. My 1st Post.. but have been reading for awhile now. Been going back and forth trying to decide between the S5 and 335 'vert for about 6 months now. Getting a bit discouraged with the wait times the US folks are reporting. I love the S5, but not quite sure I want to wait the 7+ months. Anyways... I've searched and haven't found an answer yet. My Audi dealer says the US spec S5 Nav won't work in Europe, even with the euro DVD. I know there are few of you driving a US spec S5 or A5 around Europe. Can one of you confirm that the Nav will work or not? Thanks...

·
Registered
435 Posts
You don't want the nav anyway. After a weekend of relying on it on a 1100 mile trip, a Garmin does better features and does a better job. Save yourself the money. It works and gets the job done, but it is no where near as flexbile as a garmin that costs 75% less.

For instance,

Can't search by the name of a destination, you have to use their categories, which suck. If you want to look for beer, you have to look for shopping centers and even then, the individual places aren't listed. On a garmin I would have typed "beer" and said search.

Second instance,

The wheel is as smooth as it can be for a wheel entry system, but after entering everything with a touchpad, you can't compare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.