Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Dammit! Aluminum inlays are now available as a no-charge replacement for standard wood. I wanted aluminum!!

Thanks for posting this. But why must I torture myself by reading it?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I see they are adding voice control...

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Only for the phone. The car doesn't have the right control module to activate for other functions. Full voice control in 2009 models will allow control of nav and radio functions, as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am a very happy camper.... my A5 was supposed to be a 2008... with with the mind numbing delays has become a 2009 as of two days ago. and should be here by june. i'm calling my dealer in the morning! I want the aluminum instead of the standard walnut which i dont like. Thank you for posting this!:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am a very happy camper.... my A5 was supposed to be a 2008... with with the mind numbing delays has become a 2009 as of two days ago. and should be here by june. i'm calling my dealer in the morning! I want the aluminum instead of the standard walnut which i dont like. Thank you for posting this!:)
out of curiosity which audi dealership in LA did you order your car from?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Only for the phone. The car doesn't have the right control module to activate for other functions. Full voice control in 2009 models will allow control of nav and radio functions, as well.
Can you explain that?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Can you explain that?
Umm..the way the 2008 models are configured, you can turn on telephone voice control by just enabling it in software. The voice control for navigation and radio functions, however, require hardware that is not physically in the 2008 models.

Without it, the 2008 models can only do the phone control with voice. 2009s, however, have the option to add voice control to all the functions because they will be able ot have the necessary hardware installed from the factory.

Make sense?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks A5inLA for the link to the 2009 guide. I was wondering what everybody else thought about the aluminum hologram inlay vs the, once standard on A5's, dark brown walnut wood inlay? I'm always wanted the aluminum, but wanted to get people's opinion of it before I change my order and risk a delay. Also, anyone have any good pictures of the aluminum hologram inlay?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Umm..the way the 2008 models are configured, you can turn on telephone voice control by just enabling it in software. The voice control for navigation and radio functions, however, require hardware that is not physically in the 2008 models.

Without it, the 2008 models can only do the phone control with voice. 2009s, however, have the option to add voice control to all the functions because they will be able ot have the necessary hardware installed from the factory.

Make sense?
Appreciate it man, that sucks they didnt include it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i so wanted that 2.0 TFSI A5 S Line but looks like i will have to get A4 with the same options:(. WHy are they not getting A5 with 4 bangers in the states? It Would be lighter than V6 with more torque!? Better gas mileage too.......

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hello to all, I am a Little confused and was wondering! I ordered my A5 in early January and the car has not been built to my knowledge. My dealer not being an actual Audi dealer was unsure if the car would be an 08 or 09 model called me one evening and told me I will receive an 08 model! is their a chance I will get the 09 model now that it nearly May?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks A5inLA for the link to the 2009 guide. I was wondering what everybody else thought about the aluminum hologram inlay vs the, once standard on A5's, dark brown walnut wood inlay? I'm always wanted the aluminum, but wanted to get people's opinion of it before I change my order and risk a delay. Also, anyone have any good pictures of the aluminum hologram inlay?
out of curiosity which audi dealership in LA did you order your car from?
About the inlays. the standard isnt the darkest of the available. 1) standard is the reddish brown walnut and doesn't always look great with all packagings. 2) there is an approx. $1800 optional wood that is a really nice dark almost blackish brown with some gray. but wasnt worth it to me for that price. 3) the aluminum is really nice and is a great contrast to both the all black interior and also the pale gray and black interior. and is available (finally) without the s-line. it looks much sportier... but beware... only in an Audi do you get REAL exposed aluminum. i have it in my current A4 and managed to scratch it. but i still prefer it to the wood.

And i deal with the Santa Monica Audi dealership
@ the corner of Santa Monica Blvd. & 11th Street.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks for posting the order guide. I too (as Dave mentioned) was wanting aluminum in-lay. However, with the little aluminum trim, door handles, etc...I notice a lot more finger print marks and that it's a bit harder to keep clean. So I am kind of glad I was forced with the wood in-lay.

Regarding the voice control system. I can see this being usefull for telephone, which is why I'm glad the option is there with the 2008 models. However, for the other 'stuff': well, my wife has this feature in her Honda Accord and I did try it out a few times. We find ourselves never using it. To each their own though.

·
Registered
487 Posts
A couple observations:

1.The Adaptive Cruise Control is now an option. (this would have been nice to have, but since I don't travel long distance too much it's certainly no big deal)

2. I thought the Hill-Hold Assist was a feature of the 2009, but I didn't see it. Is this a standard feature and if so, anyone know if this can be added to a 2008 model?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts