Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the simplest ways to clean up a nasty looking US license plate is to wrap the top and bottom with black electrical tape then just screw right through the electrical tape and the license plate has a more "euro" appearance.;)

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Lol, it's technically just as illegal as not having a plate at all (you're not allowed to obstruct any portion of the plate; in CA this would block the registration info), so why not just go for the much cleaner no-plate look.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, it's technically just as illegal as not having a plate at all (you're not allowed to obstruct any portion of the plate; in CA this would block the registration info), so why not just go for the much cleaner no-plate look.
Mod went unnoticed by CHP on recent road trip.(but not my speed) Not really covering up much more than your average frame. Much prefer the no plate look though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
or you can remove the plate completely like this.... its just a fix it ticket anyways... if you have to, put it back for the pic to get you off the ticket then take it off again... I havent used a front plate any any of my cars for the past 10 years and never been pulled over for it :D...

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
is the front plate required in NY?
"The only exception would be vehicles that are issued collector plates. In that instance, they receive only one plate."
And what is a collector plate?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.