Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought i would post this if it hadnt been put anywhere else. I just talked to my regional sales rep from Audi and she told me that since i am # 3 on the list i will not be getting my car until after they start building in January. Only the first 2 allocated spots will be getting their cars this year. I am so frustrated. I love the looks and everything i just am mad because i have to wait until late February to actually get my car in. So i wont be posting any personal pics until then. Anyone else have similar delays?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got the same message from the dealer I ordered my car from. It was supposed to be in production in November and got pushed to January. Very frustrating. I ordered mine at the end of August.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah mine is delayed until March delivery but mostly because I went with a custom color. I was the first on the dealer list but since Audi won't do custom colors right away I got bumped down the queue. At one time my build date was going to be 9/24.

The whole ordering and allocation system that Audi uses is extremely lame. I mean you put a deposit down and put a configuration in the system and months later a bunch of unsold cars (black, white or red) just show up at the dealers for people to walk in off the streets and buy. Why can't they build some of the customer orders in some kind of democratic way? And a custom color shouldn't be that big a deal since they take a tidy $2500 for it. Ah well take it or leave it I guess. I suppose they have a nice problem to have, a bunch of orders filled.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Agreed. I got back to the states after doing the European Delivery in October, to find two to three S5s at all of my local dealers. The closest dealer I was at last night had my exact configuration, and a white on black parked next to each other. Also don't see why they gave all dealers the same colors and configs. Should have put more variation into it.

Yeah mine is delayed until March delivery but mostly because I went with a custom color. I was the first on the dealer list but since Audi won't do custom colors right away I got bumped down the queue. At one time my build date was going to be 9/24.

The whole ordering and allocation system that Audi uses is extremely lame. I mean you put a deposit down and put a configuration in the system and months later a bunch of unsold cars (black, white or red) just show up at the dealers for people to walk in off the streets and buy. Why can't they build some of the customer orders in some kind of democratic way? And a custom color shouldn't be that big a deal since they take a tidy $2500 for it. Ah well take it or leave it I guess. I suppose they have a nice problem to have, a bunch of orders filled.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think there was a communication snafoo somewhere. I swear reading months ago that only certain fully configured cars would be available first. I think these are the cars up for sale now...phantom/black, ibis/tuscan, & a few red ones too I believe.

I've never talked to a dealer about a car with low availability where they didn't immediately offer me the unsold configurations already inbound. I can only assume the Audi dealers didn't know what they could get or when.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Agreed. I got back to the states after doing the European Delivery in October, to find two to three S5s at all of my local dealers. The closest dealer I was at last night had my exact configuration, and a white on black parked next to each other. Also don't see why they gave all dealers the same colors and configs. Should have put more variation into it.
I agree. I gave my dealer $2,000 back in August on the very first day that Audi USA opened the system for orders, even before pricing info was finalized, and was Number 1 on my dealer's list. Because I ordered Sprint Blue though, I am still waiting for my car -- which, according to the latest info I have from my dealer (there is an update being release on 11/14, I'm told) is on the list for delivery week of 12/24) -- while people who wanted or were willing to take white, black or grey, the colors Audi built and shipped without regard to orders, have leapfrogged ahead of me and are already driving their cars. Totally sucks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put down a deposit on a Quartz Grey Mettalic on 10/13. What kind of wait am I in for? My dealer told me late January, but looking at this thread it seems that I will be waiting till atleast March-April. Any advice?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my order date was August 24, 2007 and i was told that i would have my car by December 1st. But because of the delay they wont start building again until January 2nd and i am the first on the dealers list for that build session so i was told my car would be in by mid to late February. so it kind of depends on what number in line u are at ur dealership. But i would say no earlier than March if u ordered two months after i did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my order date was August 24, 2007 and i was told that i would have my car by December 1st. But because of the delay they wont start building again until January 2nd and i am the first on the dealers list for that build session so i was told my car would be in by mid to late February. so it kind of depends on what number in line u are at ur dealership. But i would say no earlier than March if u ordered two months after i did.
Do you believe there is any truth to the postings that state -- exterior colors other than black or white are being delayed?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am sorry about this. I have been looking for a phantom black. Does this mean that some dealers might have unsold fully loaded black model on their lot at the moment or about to arrive?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am sorry about this. I have been looking for a phantom black. Does this mean that some dealers might have unsold fully loaded black model on their lot at the moment or about to arrive?
Its possible.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I dropped my car off at the dealer yest. for tint & clear bra. The dealer was telling me they will not get a S5 in till Feb. They had 3 when i bought mine
last week. I consider my self very lucky to have this beauty in my garage.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I stopped by my dealer two days ago to finally drive the demo, which I've been too busy to do until now. While I was there we checked the updated shipping list from Audi. My car -- which I ordered and deposited back in August; mine was the first S5 order my dealer took on and the order went in on the first day that Audi USA opened the computer system to accept orders (I think it was like the 3rd or 5th order placed in the whole Northeast) -- is still showing delivery the week of 12/24.

It is somewhat frustrating to see people who ordered after me take delivery before me just because I ordered Sprint Blue, but I don't mind waiting because my current lease runs through 12/27 and I am still slightly under my mileage allowance. I was a little worried that there will be a delay and I'll end up sans automotive conveyance while I wait, but my dealer -- Bell Audi in Rahway, NJ: they're the best -- promised me a loaner if that happens. So I wait eagerly, but patiently, for delivery.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I stopped by my dealer two days ago to finally drive the demo, which I've been too busy to do until now. While I was there we checked the updated shipping list from Audi. My car -- which I ordered and deposited back in August; mine was the first S5 order my dealer took on and the order went in on the first day that Audi USA opened the computer system to accept orders (I think it was like the 3rd or 5th order placed in the whole Northeast) -- is still showing delivery the week of 12/24.

It is somewhat frustrating to see people who ordered after me take delivery before me just because I ordered Sprint Blue, but I don't mind waiting because my current lease runs through 12/27 and I am still slightly under my mileage allowance. I was a little worried that there will be a delay and I'll end up sans automotive conveyance while I wait, but my dealer -- Bell Audi in Rahway, NJ: they're the best -- promised me a loaner if that happens. So I wait eagerly, but patiently, for delivery.

I need to say that my audi dealer has been great with offerening me an S4 while I wait for my car. I am expected dealer deliver on 12/10, but my current lease is up on 12/1. The dealer is giving me an S4 until my car comes in. I have a feeling some salesman is VERY unhappy with me since I probably took his car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sprint blue

jeff_sc,

Have you seen any pictures of the S5 in the sprint blue? I've just finally received the S5 book and it looks like the same as the S4 but noticed the 'Aruba blue' also may work well. Just wondering since its hard to make a buying decision without seeing pictures or the actual car in the color paint. (My dealer only had the red and black)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
jeff_sc,

Have you seen any pictures of the S5 in the sprint blue? I've just finally received the S5 book and it looks like the same as the S4 but noticed the 'Aruba blue' also may work well. Just wondering since its hard to make a buying decision without seeing pictures or the actual car in the color paint. (My dealer only had the red and black)
If you're wanting to see what the car looks like in various colors, there's a thread in this forum that has lots of pics.

You can see what Sprint Blue looks like here.

You can see what Aruba Blue looks like here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts