Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of questions for A5 owners in the US.

Does the speedometer only show mph?

Can you set the digital display to show your speed in km/hr?

Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
The digital speedometer can be set to km/h by VAG-COM...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just picked my A5 up a week ago and changed all my settings in my U.S. spec A5 to kilometers in the "car" settings without VAG COM, for the purpose of showing km/h in my display. However either I've changed the wrong setting, or the software is off in the car because it shows me doing 40km/h when I'm over 60mph. I'll play with it more tonight and tell you, I've still yet to figure out all the settings as I lack attention span with all the cool buttons and lights in the car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The digital speedometer can be set to km/h by VAG-COM...
Are You sure? I switched them just by MMI options.... somewhere...

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
MMI press car, setting then top right corner you will see settings appear. Select that. Then the menu for localisation settings will appear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. I dont have my A5 yet but i am looking at importing one from the US and i will probably need this to register the car here in CZ :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
You can definitly change to kmph through the screen options. Have a flick through your manual.
Cool, didn't know.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can change the digital speed reading and the mileage units. (Plus temperature from C to F if you want).
I took my car to Belgium over the new year and did the switch as I was waiting to get on the boat.

It's under CAR > SETTINGS and then I think it's under UNITS.

You also have the opportunity to change the pressure from bar to psi, but I don't for the life of me know where that readout is or why (tire pressure perhaps?)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts