Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to see what tires Audi is sending over on US-bound A5s. Could all the new A5 owners post the brand and model of their OEM tires, as well as which wheel (18" 5-spoke or 19" Y-spoke) you selected?

Disclaimer: I don't mean to exclude our overseas friends, but it's clear that they often get different specs on their cars than we do. In a previous tire (tyre) thread, the UK folks were all talking about getting Dunlops and Michelins, while the only US A5 I know about yet came with Pirellis. No mention of any UK cars coming with Pirellis. So there are obviously some differences.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Also include whether your car is A5 or S-line

Folks should ALSO specify if they have the regular A5 or the S-line. From posts I've read so far for U.S. spec A5's, it appears Pirelli tires (not sure which model) come with the regular A5 with 18" wheels, while the Dunlop "SP Sport Maxx GT" comes with S-line's that have optional 19" wheels.

So, I'd be interested to know if a regular A5 (non S-line) with the optional 19" wheels also gets the Dunlop "SP Sport Maxx GT" tires.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Regular A5 with optional 19" wheels

Picked up my A5 (non S-line) this afternoon. I got the optional 19" wheels and they came with the Dunlop "SP Sport Maxx GT" tires. So, it appears those are the tires that will come with U.S. spec A5s on 19" wheels, regardless of whether or not it is an S-line.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sweet TX!!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
UK Model 3.0tdi Quattro Sport with 19" Y Alloys.... Dunlop SP MAXX

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pirelli P6

A5 (non S-line), 18" standard wheels, delivered 1/25/08, Philly suburbs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts