Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, battery went flat over night. The ignition barrel is seized so I can’t manually open the door, tried filling it with WD40 and blowing with compressed air and no luck.
Need to open the bonnet or boot to put some power into the car.
Any help would be appreciated!!!!

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
As the title says, battery went flat over night. The ignition barrel is seized so I can’t manually open the door, tried filling it with WD40 and blowing with compressed air and no luck.
Need to open the bonnet or boot to put some power into the car.
Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Jack up the car and find something electrical you can unplug and rig some power into. Ideally something chunky, like the alternator if you can get to it.

You might get away with feeding at little power through the rear handbrake motor wiring to unlock the car.

Note, I'm not responsible for anything that breaks!

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Jack up the car and find something electrical you can unplug and rig some power into. Ideally something chunky, like the alternator if you can get to it.

You might get away with feeding at little power through the rear handbrake motor wiring to unlock the car.

Good idea to check with a multimeter on anything you find, if it's already got a little bit of power running through it you're probably in the right spot.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

In the end, i had to get a locksmith out to open the door! I did try your suggestion but couldnt get onto anything since the car was air'd out!

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

make sure your damn locks aren't seized!!! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts