Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the deal guys, I got a quick question about the B/O system. Does anybody know if you can get the B/O system installed if you got the S5 with the stock audio. Its the biggest regret, and i kick my self everyday for it.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I doubt it, and even if you could the cost would be more then getting a custom stereo that will sound 10x better....

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
As Sizzle said, it would be stupidly expensive. You'd be better getting a good quality aftermarket one.

Also, could you please update your profile to match your location. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a box with 2 10" L7's and a RF 10001bd Amp, but the amp is mounted on top of the box, it was for my R32, and it doesnt fit in the trunk. Also isn't the installation crazy?

·
Registered
198 Posts
whats the deal guys, I got a quick question about the B/O system. Does anybody know if you can get the B/O system installed if you got the S5 with the stock audio. Its the biggest regret, and i kick my self everyday for it.
I went to a high-end custom installer today and we chatted about upgrading my factory (non-B&O) sound system. Let's just say that it would be stupid expensive to do it "right" and nowhere near as simple as changing the speakers. He was brutally honest that due to interfacing with the factory system, it is very labor intensive.

I settled for appointments next week to (1) apply DynoMat to the doors and trunk lid and (2) install a Blinder X-Treme M-25 laser jammer. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
536 Posts
So a mod decided to delete my thread rather than merge it with this one, and since they ask somewhat different questions, I thought I would mention the fact that I am more interested in if B&O can be retrofitted to an R8.

I was also going to mention that It sucks that, as far as from what was said in this thread, installing better speakers would be expensive, and retrofitting a B&O system even more expensive. Then again, the B&O system in the R8 costs 1,800, so my dad would be ok with spending around 2k for an upgrade, so I just hope someone who has done it or knows a lot about it can chime in. I think the most difficult part for retrofitting the B&O system is that I know systems with B&O install use the MOST fiber optic system, while the standard system does not, although I know that they make a system for the A/S5 without MOST when ordering a B&O system without nav, but then you would have to deal with the second most difficult issue, which would be buying all the parts so that the extra six speakers could fit, and because parts for the R8 are expensive, just the speaker housings and all the other parts needed just to fit the system in the car could cost well over 1 grand. I just wanna kick the guy who ordered the car in the gonads... I mean who orders a 130+k car and doesn't get the prem Audio system for only 1,800. Even if they are not interested in it, that may become a huge problem if the person wanted to sell the car. It just upsets me personally because I will be driving it a lot, and if there was only one option I could have, I would get B&O, even over nav and prem pack, ect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.