Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Im thinking of changing my alloys on my A5 3.0TDi Sport. Unfortunately i never upgraded the base wheels so ive currently got the standard v-spoke 18" ones.

Would quite like to upgrade them to the 19" y-spokes - would this have to be through dealer? If so im assuming its time to remortgage the house? lol

Anyone recommend against this at all?

Cheers!

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
I would also say keep an eye on the For Sale area.... They are an expensive hobby, a nearly new set would be the Best option ???

Maybe you should put up a Wanted Thread, it may tempt someone who has been wanting to upgrade to 20" but didn't want to get stuck with the 19's !!

OOooo and welcome to the Forum :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quality - cheers for the advice guys. I guess you would recommend staying well away from stealerships then? ;)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Hey,

Im thinking of changing my alloys on my A5 3.0TDi Sport. Unfortunately i never upgraded the base wheels so ive currently got the standard v-spoke 18" ones.

Would quite like to upgrade them to the 19" y-spokes - would this have to be through dealer? If so im assuming its time to remortgage the house? lol

Anyone recommend against this at all?

Cheers!

I saw some Y spokes in Nov/Dec on EBAy went for circa £350 for 4 .. but you then need to add tyres circa £220 a corner. There is a post on this blog wanting to sell 19in 20 spokes, may be worth a search or perhaps TX can link you up... Cheers RG;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the advice guys, appreciated.

Just out of interest are there any downsides to fitting bigger alloys? Obviously the cost of tyres etc is a given...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Cheers for the advice guys, appreciated.

Just out of interest are there any downsides to fitting bigger alloys? Obviously the cost of tyres etc is a given...
A balanced view..... I hope! 19in

Better handling.
Possibly harder ride than 18/17.
Better looks
Tyres cost more circa +£50 a corner over 18in

17 in look far too smail, 18 OKish 19 optimum 20 look great but ride penalty (IMHO before anyone shouts at me!):D:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Better handling ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts