Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Just read this on another forum. Not sure if I am allowed to post the link so I just cut and paste the message below. Hope this helps anyone fighting with vibration problems.

Here it is:

"well, i have posted a few times about the terrible vibration problem i have had on my A5 s line. I have had many other people from this forum and others communicate with me about there similar problem. I have seen several smart a** replies to my earlier post that stated my dealer sucked or that all you need is road force balancing, or you have a bent rim. well i am here to tell you my car was the first in the US to be fitted with the new control arm and bushings. Audi sent the parts directly from Germany and had Audi factory people do the installation. I have drivin it for a few days now and all vibration seems to be gone. They also told me there is a production change in the A5/S5 and now all new models will be fitted with these new parts. If you have this problem get to your local Audi factory representative via your dealer and get on the list to get this change. I hope this helps you guys who are having this problem."

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Is this a TSB? I doubt you can walk into a dealer and just say give me a new control arm and some bushings????

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Any part numbers for the items replaced by the dealer?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Great info, thanks. Do you know if this only affects certain year A5's? I have no issues yet, but now I know what to do if something does happen. Thanks again for sharing.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Production Change in Oct.

All,

The only additional info I have is that the production change for this would start in Oct. Don't have any more details. I will update this thread as info becomes available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could you possible identify which forum this quote is from?

Thanks. My Audi dealer just received four new tires to put on my S5...but if the real fix is new control arms/bushings, it would be good to get this info to my dealer.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Im sure when dealers do warranty work they give a copy of the work done sheet to the customer and that usually has part numbers on it.
Is this still the case? If so can you check please?

·
Registered
5 Posts
New Control Arms Coming to Fix My S5! New tires too!

Using the info from this thread, I provided this to my local Audi service manager, and he informed today that Audi was sending new control arms to fix my car. He had already received four new tires to replace the original stock, but said now Audi wants to try the control arm fix first, and if that works, won't need to put on the new tires. If the fix works, I'll be happy, since I've only got 3500 miles on the car, so new tires won't really matter if the control arms are all it needs.

Looks like Audi is trying to do the right thing, and make the vibration problem permanently disappear.

Thanks to the above poster who led me to the cure!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Here are the control arm part numbers that are currently in the system. If you have a sec can you verify that these are the one's your dealer sent off for.
I want to make sure i'm getting the newly engineered one's versus the vibrators.....

8KO 407151B Left
8KO 407152B Right

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the Part Numbers...Did you get the tires changes too?

It seems a change of rubber may be unnecessary if the control arm fix works. My dealer started with getting the new tires, then I showed him this thread, so he's holding the tires to see if the control arm fix is sufficient.

Let me know what all you've done, and how the control arm fix works. My new parts won't be in for about 3 weeks...so you'll probably have the work done before me.

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The question is: Are the bushings harder or softer ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hola! Mi espanol es muy malo.

I had my dealer do the Road Force Balancing as set out in the Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) and all is well for the time being. It has eliminated the high speed vibrations completely, but I am very curious as to what happens when I install my winter rims and tires.

If you missed it, the TSB has been posted by other members previously, and can be found here: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2788&d=1219144697

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Is this an A5 only problem or does it include the S5 too?

I have vibration issues too, am going to swap my wheels back to stock this weekend (As winter in now kicking in) to double check its not the case. Also going to get the alignment checked out too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's everybody. I thought Sizzle had a bad vibration too.

Called my dealer about it. The problem is, there have only been 4-5 sold in my area and no one has come in to have it fixed yet. I was hoping they would be able to do the control arm swap and get me going. Looks like they want to have my car for a while before they make judgement.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
whenever i'm on the highway....i get vibrations, and my steering wheel like spazzes...it's actually really annoying....so do you suggest i just go to the Audi dealer, and say check out the such and such....and they will take care of it?

·
Registered
204 Posts
whenever i'm on the highway....i get vibrations, and my steering wheel like spazzes...it's actually really annoying....so do you suggest i just go to the Audi dealer, and say check out the such and such....and they will take care of it?
I find it a great reason not to drive the speed limit... like that is possible. The nightmare would be wall-to-wall traffic going 65MPH. I can't get from 60-70 quick enough.

·
Registered
97 Posts
my A5 is in production already, it won't be the new A5 with the 3G MMI, so is my car going to have that problem?
I'm starting to hate Audi even though I have never owned one. But so much problems, I love the A5 that's all I care about as far as I can tell.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts