Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I was in Essen today and:

1. When ordered, the A5/S5 will have 3G MMI from now on; I did see it in real life in an A5 2.0 TFSI, and it looks cool, also the 2 SD slots are back, so finally the navigation will be back on RNS-E level (or better, see pics)

2. The rear LEDs are option too from now on and (standard on S5)

3. Happily the V8 will be there to stay for some time, so expect the V6T not before MY10

4. No official news about the convertible, but watch Detroit and Brussel! :cool: No hint about whether the V8 or V6T will be in the S5 convertible from the start or not; if V6T, I will pass and skip Audi for the next few years (and BMW too: as a matter of fact, they will offer a V6T in the next M3 too, and a V8T in the M5/M6 :mad:)

5. There was also a red S6 Sedan (see pics).

6. And as bonus a terribly tuned S5 and R8 from PPI :eek:

In a few months there will me more Quattro gmbh Individual options for the S5 too! :)

PS: sorry for the bad quality of the pics, I used a GSM, next time I will not forget my real camera :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Do u have more pictures of the S5?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
In a few months there will me more Quattro gmbh Individual options for the S5 too!
I'm curious... such as what?

Thanks for sharing all this information, HAWKi. Good stuff!

BTW, that PPI tuned car looks like crap, IMO... particularly the stupid looking side skirts they just slapped on. And the rear spoiler and exhaust tips don't cut it. :rolleyes: But that's just me.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm curious... such as what?

Thanks for sharing all this information, HAWKi. Good stuff!
2nd that!! What am I going to be jealous about when the options start showing up on newer s5's? I hope mine (build week 47) will have some of the "fixes" (i.e. steering wheel wobble) we keep hearing about.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
2nd that!! What am I going to be jealous about when the options start showing up on newer s5's? I hope mine (build week 47) will have some of the "fixes" (i.e. steering wheel wobble) we keep hearing about.
Mostly the Quattro gmbh options will be different leather and inlay combinations.

Sorry about the PPI pics, it is really unbelievable people buy this....:eek:

And sorry, no more pics of the A5 that was on the show (it was in Moccabrown or something like this, a Quattro gmbh color)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
A5 with Cayenne Turbo style exhaust tips and Rieger rear diffuser

Just ran across this photo from the Essen Motor Show. Not feelin' it at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
If the exhuast tip were intergrated a lilttle better with the rear valance it could look better. That top lip is just god awful though . . .

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The most beautiful A5 I did see on the show was the Moccabrown one on the Audi/Quattro gmbh stand (without any exterior modifications) and of course my onw S5 on the parking place! :D

Unbelievable how people can "rape" such a beautiful car.

·
Registered
457 Posts
PPI R8 GTR = WIN
PPI S5 = FAIL
Rieger S5 = EPIC EPIC FAIL

·
Registered
457 Posts
Damn, couldn't find anymore shots of the PPI S5 but here's a whole bunch of the PPI GTR prototype...FULL CF BODY!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice pics..

But the car looks like they forgot to finish it! (I know it's CF but it looks awful)
It's a prototype i.e. unfinished/wip version of the final product.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Why oh why bugger up such a beautiful car like the R8??????

·
Registered
457 Posts
Do you know which parts are PPI?

The grille looks like Caractere and the front lip extension looks like Rieger?
Those parts, and side-skirts, trunklid spoiler, exhaust and wheels are all by PPI. I need to find more pics.

·
Registered
302 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
... and some more A/S5 from Essen Motorshow:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts