Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Well the unthinkable has happened. On Wed while out and about Sydney, I went to meet up with QuattroJoe from this forum to compare (as you do of course) when a local government bus tried to make a turn around the back side of the S5. The driver being the moron he must have been swung in too close to the rear and then made an attempt at a u-turn. The result, the rear of the bus found the back end (rear axel back) of my shiny new car. Very angry. :eek:

I've some photo's but they are not the best as it's with a phone and my hands where shaking at the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
oh man :mad: sorry to see that . . . .

Wait till the bus co. finds out how much it will be to repair one of these cars . . .

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL yeah it would be good to see their faces.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to hear that, I know its gotta hurt to see your new ride get tore up.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouch. Sorry to hear that, I know its gotta hurt to see your new ride get tore up.
Thanks, and yes it does hurt. I think I handled it well. The bus driver is still alive. However his insurance company might change that once they get the bill. v:)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks, and yes it does hurt. I think I handled it well. The bus driver is still alive. However his insurance company might change that once they get the bill. v:)
My condolences, I feel for you... Him being alive and all, very strong of you ;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
OMG :( ugly pics... sorry about that

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh Nooooooo NOT GOOD !!!!

I hope you get a descent Lone Car while your Pride and Joy is being nurtured back to health :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Bloody bus drivers, they're the same everywhere. Mind you, I would'nt want to try and maneuver one. Anyway hope you get patched up and back on the road soon, I would have thrown my toys out the pram if something like that happened to me.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Ouch that does look bad. No way let them even try to repair that rear quarter. Suspension looks bent. Bumper damaged. Going to be one heck of a bill.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What was the first words said to the bus driver?
I got rear ended a few months back and I didn't know I was capable of saying such words in public! Oh and I like the sticker on the back of the bus!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What was the first words said to the bus driver?
I got rear ended a few months back and I didn't know I was capable of saying such words in public! Oh and I like the sticker on the back of the bus!
The first words might have been a bit rude but after that I was in shock with the drivers reaction of blaming me for causing it.

Yeah don't overtake turning vehicle. Maybe the drivers should read that one too.

Fingers are crossed but with the time of year everything is shut down so I know basically nothing more...

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well all's well with the car. If you disregard getting hit to start with, I got everything I wanted. The damage was repairable, No damage to Chasis or drivetrain, and the entire interior did not need to be removed to get to the welds if a replacement roof/rear quarter/a & c pillar etc was not needed. New rear bumper, rear light, reversing sensors and respray were needed.
The driver of the bus' insurance accepted liability as soon as they saw the footage from the bus' camera's. The stink of it is, the driver is NOT being charged by the police for having hit me to start with as the laws in this country say he should be but to be honest. I don't care. My baby is coming back better than ever.:D:D:D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Show now how your S5 really looks like :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks as good as new, even in direct sunlight I can't tell that there has been anything done to it. Almost as if there was never an accident to start with. Yay:)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts