Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My 2008 A5 3.0tdi has developed a problem. I first noticed a sudden loss of power when driving you could feel the car slowing down, then tonight it was like surging when idling took it for a spin and was ok at first but then it felt like it was pulsing so I pulled in and the car stopped. It turned over slowly then started. Could this be egr issues do think it’s a fuel filter as the car has a full Audi service history so should have been changed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think first you need to get a diagnosis scan of the car and see whats happening. It could be any number of issues and at the moment you're just finger in the wind.

Not sure if anyone local to you has VCDS to give you a hand? Or see if theres a local independent garage who can scan the car. Scan and diag first before splashing out money and replacing random parts.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think first you need to get a diagnosis scan of the car and see whats happening. It could be any number of issues and at the moment you're just finger in the wind.

Not sure if anyone local to you has VCDS to give you a hand? Or see if theres a local independent garage who can scan the car. Scan and diag first before splashing out money and replacing random parts.
Hi. Th for the reply. Had the car at the local garage and they have found a fault in the throttle body, say it’s a common fault. So I have ordered a new one. Hopefully that will fix it.

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Please let us know the outcome....interesting one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts