Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading with interest one forum member’s vociferous complaints about a dealership that he felt did him wrong. According to the member, the dealer ended up selling the S5 vehicle he had waited nine months for to someone else when he delayed picking up the vehicle due to attempting to arrange better financing than was offered by the dealership. The dealership in question, University Audi in Seattle, Washington. While the individual makes his profanity laced claims loud and clear, only he and the dealership knows what happened and as a forum member I must realize that I am hearing only one side of this unfortunate story. My goal here is not to refute the claims, as I have no way of knowing how accurate they are, but I do feel that it is important to relate my personal experience with this dealership.

I too ordered a vehicle through University Audi some nine months ago. My order was a bit unusual as it was for European Delivery (ED). Some dealers were reluctant to use their limited allocations of S5/A5 models for ED as they make a higher profit margin conventionally selling the vehicles at MSRP off their lot. The only Audi dealer in the Portland, Oregon/Vancouver, Washington metropolitan area refused such an ED order so I was forced to look to the next closest area with Audi dealers, Seattle, a three hours drive away. University Audi did not hesitate to take my order. I picked up my vehicle on December 1, 2008 in Ingolstadt and it is currently on a ship destined to reach the U.S. Port of Entry in Houston on January 2, 2009 and then railed/trucked to the dealership in Seattle

Like many other forum members, I am a particular person, especially when it comes to my automobiles. Has my experience with Audi North America and University Audi been flawless? No it hasn’t, but when a problem came up, they handled it. Audi created major problems for me and my anticipated pick-up date in Europe when they stopped offering the S-Line option on the A5 for almost two months this summer. At my request, University Audi held my order in abeyance until the S-Line was again offered and then immediately used another allocation to reorder it for me. By the time my order was again in the system, Audi raised their prices. What did the dealership do? They offered to pick up half the cost of Audi Care to help ease the pain of the price increase. My salesman initially passed some incorrect information as to whether or not I would qualify for the Audi Club NA rebate that expires at the end of 2008 if I did not receive my vehicle at the dealership until 2009. That was eventually straightened out as I did qualify since the pick-up date in Germany is what applied. Then there was the requirement I put on the dealer to complete a Washington State title application before the vehicle arrived at their dealership in case something happened to me while the vehicle was en route. Suffice it to say, I kept them busy with my needs and requirements to overnight documents to me. I worked with my salesman, the new car sales manager and their business manager. Throughout these last nine months they have done nothing but treat me with courtesy and professionalism.

University Audi has been hammered relentlessly by fellow forum members due to one member’s claims. I thought it only fair to let fellow members know first hand that my experience with this dealership has been totally different than his.

RSP

2009 A5 3.2 Tiptronic
Quartz Gray Metallic
S-Line, Premium, Tech,
Nav, Drive Select, B&O
European Delivery-12/1/2008

·
Registered
57 Posts
While the individual makes his profanity laced claims loud and clear, only he and the dealership knows what happened and as a forum member I must realize that I am hearing only one side of this unfortunate story.
If you had read the exchange between Ben at University Audi on Audizine, and the forum members it would be more clear to you. He said that in a tough economy they saw an opportunity and took it. I can't quote him verbatim because he deleted his incriminating post, but that was the gist of it. So it's not just him and the dealership that know what happened, we all do. They wanted to make more money off the financing, plain and simple. Dealers have been trying to do that to me for years. When I told my Audi dealer my credit union was offering 4.9% they had no problem matching it.

Profanity laced claims? Is he supposed to be cordial to people who wasted 9 months of his life, and stabbed him in the back? So your point is that University Audi doesn't screw everybody. Well good for them!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Theres no way to justify for what they've done to me. They sell my car and now they're having my stealer sending me immature texts trying to rub it in.

"Just drove the V6 superch.. Far superior"

Really? Is this is what its coming down to? You sell my car and kick dirt in my face afterwards?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Theres no way to justify for what they've done to me. They sell my car and now they're having my stealer sending me immature texts trying to rub it in.

"Just drove the V6 superch.. Far superior"

Really? Is this is what its coming down to? You sell my car and kick dirt in my face afterwards?
which v6 supercharged is he referring to? i know its not the one thats gonna be in the S5

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
What happened to Skill5 should never have happened period. Customer satisfaction is key to keeping your business going.

·
Registered
196 Posts
which v6 supercharged is he referring to? i know its not the one thats gonna be in the S5
No idea. Bet he's just trying to get on my nerves or something. I just called in AoA again this morning. They said they cant do anything about it because its independently owned. All they can do is give them a warning. They said I can get a discount off an Audi in the future if I wanted to persue one. Just need to call in AoA and give them my case # and they'll take care of me. Which is cool..but I think I'm going to take a break from Car shopping. Im sick to my stomach because of those scumbags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts