Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a work colleague with an A5 2.7 D Auto (CVT). The problem is when setting off from cold the car is very jerky and seems to lack power. Also after a 50 mile motorway journey when accelerating from standstill the engine revs went up but there was a big delay before the car picked up.
Audi assist did diags on the car and found no errors
Any ideas anybody or any similar experiences ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just a car

when a car is cold the slow pick is tell you the car is not ready yet so when the car is cold dont try to push it hard you could cause damage to the car over time

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2.7TDI, and have posted before that once the car had the recall done the perfomance changed for the worst. I have had it back to Audi however the computer found no errors. Since then I have put in Shell V power and maybe its my imagination but it does seem to be driving better.
In the cold it is a little less responsive but I think thats the norm?
In sport mode it is like shit off a stick. (so to speak).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Guy's I have a 2.7 which has few miles (nearly 30,000) and does exactly the same thing. When hitting the gas peddle it takes a split second or so for the drive shaft to engage and rotate the wheels.

Prior to the drive shaft engaging the revs pickup without the car moving and then .... thud (noise) when the drive shaft engages, hey presto were moving!

The problem is worse when the car is cold.

I use to get this problem on previous BMW's, the dealers said it was the drive shaft and the delay was within BMW tolerence. Had alot of things changed on the BM's and the problem was always there.

Back to the A5 I was going to take it into audi and get them to check the CVT oil levels, drive shaft etc.... However I've ordered a new A5 so won't bother.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is worse than the driveline taking up the slack in the system. On moving away from cold the power delivery is uneven and very lumpy causing jerking. This is apparent using gentle acceleration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts