Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am a first time poster long time reader. I have an 2011 a5. I recently installed a set of h&r oe springs and after a little driving the springs settled in, however I have uneven clearence throughout especially the driver rear.
All measurments taken from bottom of rim to the top of the arch of the fender
Driver front 24 9/16
Driver rear 23 15/16
Pass front 24 1/4
Pass rear 24 3/8
I double checked all my work, made sure all the bump stop on the spring seat were at the start of the first coil, made sure everything was tight and im order. I am out of ideas, can anyone help, have any ideas why the driver rear is 3/8 lower than the front. Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance to all who respond.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Just curious - could you please repeat these measurements but this time measure from the center of the wheel to the fender arch? That's the proper way to measure ride height as it gives readings that are independent of wheel type or tire pressure. Thanks.

I would be less concerned about the front-to-rear differences than the left-to-right. It does look like the driver rear corner is aabout 1/2" low, but I can't give an explanation other than variations in spring manufacture. Suggest you contact H&R tech support and see what they say.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have the stock springs (non S-line), and also have uneven ride height, pretty much the exact same difference as you at the same location ... the driver rear is about 1/2 inch lower than the passenger rear.

Had it looked at at the dealer when it was still under warranty, brought it in with a full tank of gas etc, they did all kinds of suspension tests but didn't find anything wrong ... they submitted their findings to audi and they said the difference it's within acceptable limits.

There's a TSB that mentioned something like: shock absorber bump stops deformed at PDI
not sure if it's related or not.

just weird we both have the same 1/2 inch difference on the driver's rear

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
My opinion for what it's worth is as follows.

If you seriously want to deviate from Audi OEM talk with your dealer. Many will nw want to modify but IMHO check first ant IMO why bother.

Cheers
RG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts