Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't flame me.

I thought it would be cool to add some red underbody neon lights on my S5 but I wanted opinions from others. Few people I spoke to said they think it would look good and would match the interior and S5 badges.

Has anyone done this to any of their cars?

Remember it can be switched on and off and would just be for show really.

·
Registered
218 Posts
rice in my opinion, my brother had them on his rsx, they ripped off maybe 2 weeks later and I was happy.

·
Registered
491 Posts
on a civic sure. on a 60k audi coupe not so much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have white LED's under my car(to match the DRL's), but only for car shows

·
Registered
218 Posts
I do car shows too, I'd be damned if I'll ever think about doing it... but hey it's your car, sfumph you doing any of the HIN's next year? I might be coming to the dc one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I really don't understand why you would want or even ask for other's opinions about putting neons under your car. Do it if you want. You probably know that nobody's going to like them; I see them on Honda Civics and Acura Integras, but not on Audi S5s or any other premium luxury German car. Do what you think looks best. In my opinion, you'd be driving around the most ridiculous (in a bad way) S5 in town. Most people with S5s would probably not go through so much to so horribly deface one of the most beautiful cars ever designed.

·
Registered
491 Posts
i Really Don't Understand Why You Would Want Or Even Ask For Other's Opinions About Putting Neons Under Your Car. Do It If You Want. You Probably Know That Nobody's Going To Like Them; I See Them On Honda Civics And Acura Integras, But Not On Audi S5s Or Any Other Premium Luxury German Car. Do What You Think Looks Best. In My Opinion, You'd Be Driving Around The Most Ridiculous (in A Bad Way) S5 In Town. Most People With S5s Would Probably Not Go Through So Much To So Horribly Deface One Of The Most Beautiful Cars Ever Designed.
Ouch!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Basically most people who won European cars are into the European styling. In general it is simple and clean looking. Almost everybody on here will say not to do the neons but it is your car. Do what you want to your stuff if you like it go for it. Personally I like european cars and styling so I would not do it. I'd much rather put the money towards something else.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I really don't understand why you would want or even ask for other's opinions about putting neons under your car. Do it if you want. You probably know that nobody's going to like them; I see them on Honda Civics and Acura Integras, but not on Audi S5s or any other premium luxury German car. Do what you think looks best. In my opinion, you'd be driving around the most ridiculous (in a bad way) S5 in town. Most people with S5s would probably not go through so much to so horribly deface one of the most beautiful cars ever designed.
I think that's a bit extreme. I see lambo's, ferrari's, and other exotics with underbody neons. I don't know how it would look on the S5. Doubt there will be any in favor of putting those on your car in this forum though. That's not to say it's bad, it actually might look good.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Prediction - when you have them on and post pics, everybody will love it.

I had LEDs underbody and engine bay on my previous car (for show purposes) and it looked very cool.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Prediction - when you have them on and post pics, everybody will love it.

I had LEDs underbody and engine bay on my previous car (for show purposes) and it looked very cool.
lies lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
To half-quote Happy Gilmore-- "If I saw my S5 with underbody neons, I'd have to kick my own ass" ... but, as most everyone has put it, do what you want!

·
Registered
470 Posts
If your car is black, and the neon underlights are red, I think it would look cool, especially if you have red interior. But you would have to get ones that aren't that bright. That would probably be the deciding factor whether it would be over-kill or not. But any other exterior color than black. fughettaboutit.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Please don't flame me.

I thought it would be cool to add some red underbody neon lights on my S5 but I wanted opinions from others. Few people I spoke to said they think it would look good and would match the interior and S5 badges.

Has anyone done this to any of their cars?

Remember it can be switched on and off and would just be for show really.
Only if your car is that one that has red lines and red audi symbols plastered all over it.:confused:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

Pure class !!

·
Registered
218 Posts
In a few years you're gonna look back at this post and laugh at yourself

·
Registered
324 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts