Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone has had trouble to get the files from Mega? I have managed to download the 20-21 maps and activator onto my old Mac desktop computer. I can see it in my download folder but I'm unable to copy it to a USB stick. I'm aware that you need to uncompress on a Windows computer. Does anyone know/have the east and West Europe maps and activator, so I can transfer onto SD cards and update my maps?
The folder is 4G0060884AH (5.31.2 2020_2021 on Mega website.
Many thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
445 Posts
The problem here, as I understand it, is the Mac OS Finder, which creates a .Trash folder on the removable media device (e.g., SD card), which will cause SD scripts like the activator script to fail. It's not that Mac OS corrupts these files during download or extraction -- assuming your Mac has a tool (command) to extract a multi-part RAR.

If you have the files downloaded from Mega already on your Mac desktop, why not use a Terminal window to copy these to removable media? I assume you downloaded a collection of RAR files from the Mega site. --g

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem here, as I understand it, is the Mac OS Finder, which creates a .Trash folder on the removable media device (e.g., SD card), which will cause SD scripts like the activator script to fail. It's not that Mac OS corrupts these files during download or extraction -- assuming your Mac has a tool (command) to extract a multi-part RAR.

If you have the files downloaded from Mega already on your Mac desktop, why not use a Terminal window to copy these to removable media? I assume you downloaded a collection of RAR files from the Mega site. --g
Many thanks for your input. I got around the problem by downloading the files individually and could then transfer them from downloads to the USB stick. I'm now taking to friend with Windows computer to uncompress them and put them on my SD cards
Many thanks

·
Administrator
4,633 Posts
you can uncompress the files on an Macbook perfectly.
as mentioned, the problem lies in the specific MacOS files, which are hidden.
and there is an app for that: "Eject for Windows"
I have this app on my despktop and drop the usb-stick or SD-card on it.
the app will first remove the unwanted files and than safely eject the usb-stick or SD-card.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can uncompress the files on an Macbook perfectly.
as mentioned, the problem lies in the specific MacOS files, which are hidden.
and there is an app for that: "Eject for Windows"
I have this app on my despktop and drop the usb-stick or SD-card on it.
the app will first remove the unwanted files and than safely eject the usb-stick or SD-card.
Many thanks for the update Fred44. I was unaware that an app existed. I shall install it on my 2006 desktop if it's not too old 🙏👍🏻

1 - 7 of 7 Posts