Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
No, I don’t think you’ve got a lemon on your hands. But, you do have a problem that the garage hasn’t found yet. Everything they’ve done to date seems to have tackled some of the things that might be causing the problem, without actually getting to the root cause.
Some questions, if you don’t mind.
1. Any idea of mileage between the alleged fixes and when the problem shows up again?
2. Are they roughly the same, or all over the shop?
3. Is there any common event that seems to trigger onset of the problem? This could be as innocuous as accelerating away from traffic lights, or getting caught up in slow-moving traffic.
4. When you take off, do you do so relatively gently, or more aggressively?

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Well er I give up. Stay with them they really seem to know what they are doing........NOT.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
No, I don’t think you’ve got a lemon on your hands. But, you do have a problem that the garage hasn’t found yet. Everything they’ve done to date seems to have tackled some of the things that might be causing the problem, without actually getting to the root cause.
Some questions, if you don’t mind.
1. Any idea of mileage between the alleged fixes and when the problem shows up again?
2. Are they roughly the same, or all over the shop?
3. Is there any common event that seems to trigger onset of the problem? This could be as innocuous as accelerating away from traffic lights, or getting caught up in slow-moving traffic.
4. When you take off, do you do so relatively gently, or more aggressively?
1 - its not much, maybe around 50km driven.
2 - Each event has occurred roughly the same time after receiving car, but the idling severity was the same for only the 1st, 2nd time. 3rd time was less severe. 4th time was the most severe. (Is this what you were asking?)
3 - No real common event, except it seems to happen after slowing to a stop or idling in traffic. First time it occurred while slowing to exit a freeway. The last few times it occurred while idling in traffic.
4 - I've been trying to let the engine warm up each time and take off after the fast idle cycle ends. And haven't really been driving aggressively. I don't slam my foot on the pedal when I take off, I drive pretty slowly at first. Just gave it some extra power a few times to climb an incline (exit a parking garage, climb a hill etc)

EDIT: I just found out during their inspection for the 4th time this happened, they decided to take a look at the timing chain and it was stretched a bit so they are replacing it. Wow this keeps getting better and better. What a garbage company for producing this trash, I wish I never bought it and can't wait to get rid of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 - its not much, maybe around 50km driven.
2 - Each event has occurred roughly the same time after receiving car, but the idling severity was the same for only the 1st, 2nd time. 3rd time was less severe. 4th time was the most severe. (Is this what you were asking?)
3 - No real common event, except it seems to happen after slowing to a stop or idling in traffic. First time it occurred while slowing to exit a freeway. The last few times it occurred while idling in traffic.
4 - I've been trying to let the engine warm up each time and take off after the fast idle cycle ends. And haven't really been driving aggressively. I don't slam my foot on the pedal when I take off, I drive pretty slowly at first. Just gave it some extra power a few times to climb an incline (exit a parking garage, climb a hill etc)

EDIT: I just found out during their inspection for the 4th time this happened, they decided to take a look at the timing chain and it was stretched a bit so they are replacing it. Wow this keeps getting better and better. What a garbage company for producing this trash, I wish I never bought it and can't wait to get rid of it.
Hey, I’m having the same problem as yours with my A5 2.0 quattro. Error is coming from the 3rd cylinder. Replaced coil packs, plugs and injectors. Done all the possible tests but they seems ok. Have you find the problem causing the misfire?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I’m having the same problem as yours with my A5 2.0 quattro. Error is coming from the 3rd cylinder. Replaced coil packs, plugs and injectors. Done all the possible tests but they seems ok. Have you find the problem causing the misfire?
Just an update: Fault identified as a problem with valves in cylinder 3. Had a complete rebuild.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts