Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
S5
Meteor Gray / Magma Red Leather / Carbon Inlays / DVD Nav AMI / Bluetooth Phone / Parking Plus / B&O / Mirror dimming & folding
Retail Price: £45,190
Discounted Price: £40,774 SAVING £4,416

RS6 Tip
Phantom Black / Think it's black leather / Advanced Key / Parking Advanced / Electric sunroof / Debadged / Electric Adj Steering Column
Retail Price: £80,255
Discounted Price: £69,995.75 SAVING £10,299.25

These are both currently in shipping and will be available in the UK very soon.

I've been considering an RS6 myself however 80% certain I'm about to buy out another company so funds are unlikely to be available for this one grrrr.

PM my if interested.

·
Registered
479 Posts
There are stupid discounts available at the moment.

I work in vehicle finance and these are some of the deals that my clients have done recently:

Factory order BMW 335d coupe: 25% discount

VW Touareg 3.0TDi Altitude with a FREE £12k Polo thrown in

Vauxhall Vectra 50% off list (ok, that's about what it was worth anyway:))

New Fiesta 15% off list.

Merc C Class 20% discount

As for second hand, walk into the showroom, tell them what price you want to pay for the car, they will say no, walk away and wait for them to call you in a couple of days. Job done!

Its bloody quiet in the motor trade at the moment!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed Booster, however coming across these sorts of discounts (especially the RS6) from Audi on new vechiles is still not easy to come by.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have seen second hand S5's going for as low as 31K (GBP) with only 10,000 on the clock.

Thats insane! almost wish i had waited 6 months... would have saved 20K!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
There are stupid discounts available at the moment.

Merc C Class 20% discount

Its bloody quiet in the motor trade at the moment!
Last weekend I went to a MB dealer as my mother would like a new C Class to replace her current one but needless to say the deal offered was pants and nowhere near the above.

Is that level of discount readily available? Or is it for those guys in the know/trade?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Its available if you push!

As you are finding out, in the current market it is best to negotiate the deal on the new car and then ring them and say that the private sale on your existing car has fallen through and that you can only proceed if you get £x for your p/x. They will p1ss and moan but they will call you back for a deal.

Well at least they would have done: So many car salesmen have no incentive to try for deals in light of the current market. Their commissions have been cut right back and maufacturers have removed bonus targets so no reason to try hard. I am hearing stories of sales people sitting on desks looking bored with customers walking round and they aren't even trying!! Do they want to be unemployed????

·
Registered
19 Posts
There have been, and still are, some great deals on MK5 R32 Golfs. Some with 25-30% off list, and with all the necessary options.

I believe VW had a load unsold and therefore have been offering those kind of discounts given the downturn in sales.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yep, they are open to offers on R32s. I've seen fully loaded run out models for around £17k!!!! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts