Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people. Quick one, i have the A5 1.8 with satnav (which i love btw). When i try to select a source for the TMC broadcasts (to essentilally give me on screen traffic information) i can only select Galaxy radio. Any reason why this is?

Perhaps a north east thing?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Yea, it depends where you are in the country. Here in Glasgow the TMC provider is XFM Scotland (another radio station), and there are no other providers near here.

It should automatically detect the local TMC provider anyway, you need not worry about manually selecting the source.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Does Classic FM not carry TMC nationaly?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Does Classic FM not carry TMC nationaly?
I can pick up classic fm here, but it's not on the TMC list.

To be honest, i'd rather have the reports which are in my area anyway, I don't want to know whats happening in the rest of the UK.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
does the sat nav program your route round delays or traffic jams?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can pick up classic fm here, but it's not on the TMC list.

To be honest, i'd rather have the reports which are in my area anyway, I don't want to know whats happening in the rest of the UK.

Don't think it works like that, think its just one data feed. When I drove from Durham to London, I got info from Galaxy that did the whole route, i.e. what was happening on the M25, M4 etc. It then changed station as we migrated south.

I think the traffic works pretty well, it certainly re-routes you around bad stuff. Not sure its as good as TomTom traffic, but that saved me a fair few times, and I haven't tested the Audi version too much yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts