Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can cars be registered on Saturday the 1st March? What's the hold up once the car reaches the dealer?

My car is finished but currently parked in Germany. My dealer is expecting to receive it late Feb and so I was hoping to pick up on 1 March but the dealer is saying before the 5th and may be on the 3rd.

I was hoping to spend the weekend driving with a big smile.

Ordered early November: 3.0 TDI - Quartz Grey - Cognac Nappa leather

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe the dealer is running out of time to get everything sorted.:confused:

I'm collecting mine on Saturday 1st March and even know the 08 registration it has been allocated.:D

However mine did arrive at dealer last week in January.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The Dealer will use a system called AFRL to tax the vehicle. They can tax the vehicle several days in advance providing insurance cover is effective. So if the car is at the dealership in time and you get a cover note there is no reason why you cant have your car on the 1st. It will be a busy time for the dealers so they'll want to spread the load on PDI, vehicle prep and admin, but push for it if its what you want. Personally I'd wait a couple of days and know my car wasn't rushed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
May be that they've hit their sales quota for Feb and want to push it out to March....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Eted - mine is also parked up in some random place in Germany awaiting shipment, like you I was hopping for delivery on the 1st of March as when I ordered late November I was told that the car would be ready in Feb so I just had to wait for the 08 plate. After reading your post I thought I'd just give them a quick call this morning to check and there now saying the 8th at the earliest - Don't think I can handle waiting any longer its really doing my head in. If the dealer says that he will take delivery late Feb why does it take so long to throw on a few plates????????????

·
Registered
82 Posts
Another thought for those expecting UK delivery in March: It might be worth considering registration before 12 March (Budget day), just in case this Chancellor shows similar pickpocket tendencies to his predecessor and brings in any measures which affect registrations from that date. Probably unlikely, but as larger cars seem an easy target for supposedly 'green' taxation measures, who knows.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Off topic.. (sorry!)

"The Holy City of Manchester"... Quite right :)

Me and the missus saw a bloke who looked remarkably like Jesus (robe, beard, sandals and everything!) when we got off a flight back into Manchester Messiah International Airport very recently. Unfortunately we lost sight of him, and didn't get to see which immigration channel he went through...

·
Registered
198 Posts
My car should have got to the dealer Feb 22nd for March 1st del. They got it March 6th and delivered yesterday the 7th. They give me some bull that the dock compounds were full and the cars could not be off loaded:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts