Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm thinking about putting a Milltek exhaust as well 15mm H&R wheel spacers on my car but when I phoned my insurance company (esure) they told me they wouldn't e able to cover me if I fitted them?? :confused: Apparently they're a 'low risk' insurance company and that's why they're saying no to these mods?
Does anyone have any idea how much extra I should be paying on top of my premium for these modifications, I'm 32 with 9 years no claims bonus?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Try Noel Dazely(sp) or Adrian flux. They will be able to quote you for any mods you have. Even Direct line will as well. Unfortunately a lot of insurers do not like mods as they think you become a 'twat' and will crash your car. Even bigger brakes with extra stopping power will be frowned upon.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I am with esure and they accepted the changes. Didnt charge any extra either. Others here have policies with esure (and sister companies) and have had no problem getting the adjustments accepted by them. These were all S5 though. When i remarked on mine to the man on the phone, he said it was a high enough insurance group as it was and making changes like that doesnt really impact on the level of risk to them.

If you have an A5, then its "possible" that they may refuse it as that is a lower risk rated car and the changes may push it higher than they want. I doubt it but you never know.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually said that I knew of A5/S5 owners who were with esure that had these mods accepted but she came back with 'we change our t&c's on a monthly basis so this is why we may have accepted these mods in the past but now now unfortunately'!

I can phone around but to be honest esure were so much cheaper than the other insurance companies out there I fear that if I go to somebody else just because of these mods I'm going to be paying through the nose for them! The ironic thing is the exhaust will only give me a very small amount of extra bhp and the spacers are purely cosmetic, how can they be classed as a 'mod'??? I guess it's the same with uprated brakes really......??? :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts