Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Done a search on this, but not managed to find the answer...

I've just been re-reading the audi brochure (november 2008 edition) and noticed on the S-Line "extras" there is ...

"Chrome rolled exhaust" listed.

I have a 2.0 petrol (180) on order (build week 7 I'm now told for a March delivery.

I was going to order the "chrome/ shiny steel" exhaust tips to put on my exhaust, but now I don't know whether I need to or not.
Have you guys who have had your UK/european S-line cars delivered got Chrome exhaust or is it stell the stainless steel version as on the original spec car...?

Thanks in advance

Nick

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Guys

Done a search on this, but not managed to find the answer...

I've just been re-reading the audi brochure (november 2008 edition) and noticed on the S-Line "extras" there is ...

"Chrome rolled exhaust" listed.

I have a 2.0 petrol (180) on order (build week 7 I'm now told for a March delivery.

I was going to order the "chrome/ shiny steel" exhaust tips to put on my exhaust, but now I don't know whether I need to or not.
Have you guys who have had your UK/european S-line cars delivered got Chrome exhaust or is it stell the stainless steel version as on the original spec car...?

Thanks in advance

Nick
Hi Nick - I'm on build week 3 and am expecting the chrome exhausts on my S line - I don't think there is any need to order separately

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Wicksy

With a build week 3 confirmed, are you hanging on until the new reg's in March too, or are you going for it as soon as it's delivered?

I hope you're right about the chrome exhausts...I'm a little worried as there's not been a definite response from any of the S-Line UK owners on the board...
Maybe they'll catch the thread soon...

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
552 Posts
As yet I don't believe there are any S Line owners in the UK as I believe production only commenced this year. I'm pretty sure you get what many other Sport buyers have bought which is a tailpipe end cover in chrome which sells for £55.

Please post pics of your UK S Line when you get them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Wicksy

With a build week 3 confirmed, are you hanging on until the new reg's in March too, or are you going for it as soon as it's delivered?

I hope you're right about the chrome exhausts...I'm a little worried as there's not been a definite response from any of the S-Line UK owners on the board...
Maybe they'll catch the thread soon...

Cheers

Nick
Hi Nick

I can't take delivery till March 2 when my present deal runs out on a Lexus IS250 Sport - I'm putting my own reg. on so not at all bothered about it being an 09 or not

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a Sport model on order and was looking to buy chrome tips for when the car arrives in March. I note that on the Audi UK website it states that these tips (£54 a pair) will not fit on the S5 or S-Line models. I assume that's because they already have them, but that's an assumption, not gospel!

Cheers

Mat

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got an A5 2.0 (211bhp) about 2 weeks ago and i can confirm that it does come with chrome exhaust tips - well in Ireland at least..... I presume its the same everywhere though

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that Savo...

Any chance you could take a pic or two and post here...?!

Cheers

nick

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for that Savo...

Any chance you could take a pic or two and post here...?!

Cheers

nick

I guess it comes only with the s-line exterior package not the s-line sports package

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess it comes only with the s-line exterior package not the s-line sports package
EH?!!

Ok-- Totally confused now...!!!

S-Line "sports" package and s-Line "exterior" package...?!!

Don't think we have the choice in the UK here...
It's just A5 s-line or A5 sport or A5 Standard...

...I think!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts