Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can somebody tell me whether there's an option on the A5 Sat-Nav to miss the congestion charge area in London? I'm driving in to London on Friday and the place where I'm going is outside the congestion zone but I know that the route will take me through it, my question is, is there an option to exclude the congestion area?

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
the only route is the north south route along the edge of Hyde park from edgware road.

Check the transport for london or CC web site they have maps and things.

:cool:

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think BtF's question is more about the function of the sat nav. The old TomTom v5 software I run on my PDA has the ability to plan around toll roads i.e. you can tell it not to go on tolls and it will recalculate the route to avoid them. I think BtF is asking if the Audi sat nav can do the same for the congestion charge areas.

As a tight yorkshireman there was no way I was shelling out £2000 for sat nav built into a company car so I don't know the answer.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that's right TuffLittleUnit, I was asking to see if there's a special section in the Sat-Nav menus where by you can avoid the congestion charge?

Cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't think there is, or at least I've not been able to find it. It doesn't even warn you if you will enter the zone with the current planned route (unlike TomTom v5)

Chris

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...Of course not... the Audi sat nav is particularly poor... in fact ALL manufacturers own sat nav seem to be poor... hence not forking out £2k for it.

My 3 year-old £200 Garmin does though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts