Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a fantastic experience at Leicester Audi last week after my vehicle was booked in to have the multitronic gearbox oil changed....Much recommended.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Name of Dealership: Stratford Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Graeme Donald

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Excellent service through from deciding on final spec to placing order, and then through to delivery. Aberdeen Audi are very discount friendly and the whole dealership couldn't do enough to help me out of my previous VW Golf R mistake!

Would highly recommend a visit to Aberdeen Audi's new showroom! :)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
no chance - Vindis take that prize by a mile.
Can't fathom why Audi continue to deal with them, the number of folks that tell me about problems with Vindis problems is staggering.
Just drags Audi's name through the mud, they're haemorrhaging customers around here.

11 Audi vehicles sales lost to me alone and counting. Who gets the last laugh now?

Worse still is that that Audi UK allow a dealer chain to "take over" an entire area so there is no competition.
The way the crooks at VAG have lied to consumers and authorities alike about emissions makes me happy I got out, and will now never be back.

The Tesla guys could not be better to deal with, and serve as proof that decent customer service can still be done.
Might be an Audi forum, but an ex RS5 owner now a delighted Tesla owner here. No regrets.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am also fed up with franchised outfits - can anyone recommend an Audi Indie to look after my motor in the West Midlands area? Gruffle, sorry to lose you as an Audi owner but I could never say 'never Audi again'. The understated A5 look and then performance when I want it suits me very well indeed.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I've used Birmingham Solihull many times and find them, pretty good.

Matt.

I am also fed up with franchised outfits - can anyone recommend an Audi Indie to look after my motor in the West Midlands area? Gruffle, sorry to lose you as an Audi owner but I could never say 'never Audi again'. The understated A5 look and then performance when I want it suits me very well indeed.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Cambridgeshire not W. Mids I know, but I hear good report of QuattroTech in St Ives, Cambs. Others here will have to help you with somebody more local.

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
Gruff...let's hope tesla maintain that level of service when they are knocking out half a million £30k duracell astras a year instead of a handful of boutique motors.

And I am still waiting for the £25k tesla dogmover which will get us down to penzance on half a charge...bastards.....

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
ooh never driven motorised boutique before.

and wait you will, in fact you'll probably need a new dog - but dont be rude or Elon won't let you buy one!

meanwhile back to the thread
- best Audi dealers :tumbleweed:

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Enjoyed buying from Amersham Audi. Took my A5 for work a few times too and had a good experience (fixed window regulators for £100 out of warranty, although arguably I shouldn't of paid anything...).

Will let you know how after care and how things go at the end of my S5 deal.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Looks great even when on fire!

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
dartmin you are an evil bastard and don't forget I know where you live.....

how could you start my day with such a shocking image........................................I am almost speechless.

I hardly dare type this.........did you not realise the girl in the image is wearing flatties?

if you are going to post images of women I don't mind them having (some) clothes on but heels please......isn't it in the rules somewhere?

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
meanwhile, back on the dealer thread..... tamworth are keeping up their high standards.
emailed the spec required and configurator code for the replacement cab before attending "appointment" and confirmed it was identical to existing that they sold and have serviced for 4 years.
turned up on time .........unlike the salesman.

eventually sat down with business manager and got the deal we expected (although not the deal he wanted)

week later no order confirmation. quick call confirmed they have it on order....................wrong spec despite configurator code spec description emailed pre and post order.

well done guys....

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
...and a short while later ...

Still if they do burn (only 3 out of >100K so far I think, 2 damaged by road debris resulting the the underside getting additional Titanium guard plate, this one unknown) at least Tesla will unequivocably replace them.

Want to check if Audi do that? :wink2:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Two different feedback's here:

Audi Northampton - Couldn't recommend them more. I went to Audi UK about the fault on my gearbox and they did all of the work investigating, replacing oil and filter and then updating the TPI's. During this process i had several courtesy cars all for no cost. none of this was due to their fault they just helped me out as a customer. Nigel is the Master Tech I've been dealing with and would recommend him any day of the week. If he started his own garage id send it there without a shadow of doubt!

Audi Leicester - Could not recommend at all! They are terrible to deal with, myself another person at my work and also my friend have had terrible customer service. Not being looked at when spoken to, being lied too by them. The above gearbox issue of mine is due to Audi Leicester's negligence and they have kicked and screamed to investigate it. I managed to get them to look at it for free but they wouldn't give me a courtesy car unlike Northampton.

Don't go to Leicester for anything, honestly just don't they are not good. One saving grace was the young lady at the service desk that checked me in who's name i cant remember. I was a bit gutted when i was passed over to some miserable guy who's skills in customer service are worse than I've ever had!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Audi Northampton - tried to charge us for a "faded front number plate" ffs on my Sales manager's A4
- absolutely nothing wrong with it.
They also charged for replacement pads and discs
- that were only just over halfway worn

My Sales Manager is now in a C Class thanks to that particular stunt.

Oh yes that'd be Vindis again.
Up to you mate but I'd avoid them like the plague.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Gruff, this thread can't be good for your blood pressure

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the audi dealer network, it is all the customers fault 0:)

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
look on the bright side..gruff has no oil or water pressure to worry about on the milkfloat...

anyway cant wait for mainstream audi electric cars....that will be a whole new range of misdiagnoses and billing opportunities...

"it looks like there has been an out of phase flux pinchpoint during the recharge cycle......you didn't switch the kettle on halfway through did you? anyway, its not a manufacturing fault, and its not covered by warranty, so a new set of triple A's will be £12000.00 please."

coincidentally the same amount as a new engine when they were denying the oil burning tfsi was their responsibility.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Name of Dealership: Colbornes Audi

Head of Business/Sales Executive/Saleperson: Richard/Chris/Domonic

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Tremendous service, extremely well looked after and got an excellent deal.
I was given the VIP treatment when I collected the car.
They even called me during the week to see how I was getting on with the car.
More than happy to recommend :thumbsup:

Update: Found an issue with the car - brakes squealing at low speed (stop/start traffic). Independently diagnosed as completely dry and cracking pads.
Greassed up the pads and sorted the squeal but still decided to go to this dealer on Saturday for them to have a look only to be told cracking pads is normal on new pads - what after 5600 miles - yer right!
Have been fobbed off numerous times with these guys. Also had squealing brakes on a 9 month old car and they said these weren't covered by warranty but did it as a good will gesture. I could tell you lots more but shouldn't slate places on a recommendation page 0:)

161 - 180 of 196 Posts