Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
anyway cant wait for mainstream audi electric cars....that will be a whole new range of misdiagnoses and billing opportunities...
Can't wait for the thread. "Picked up my new electric a5 and been charged for a tank full of petrol"

Or "am not achieving the mileage range of 5000 miles per charge audi are claiming"

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Oh there's a few on this side too :serious:

P85D - the widely advertised 691hp was quite a good one. In reality the motors could indeed generate 691hp but the battery could only provide enough current to get 463hp out of them (now uprated to 503hp with Ludicrous option. Still real world 0-60 in 2.8-3.2s not too shabby.

Tesla unlike Audi and its dealers do seem to be learning though. data is now better presented with less room for misinterpretation.

And the killer bit is

THERE . ARE . NO . DEALERS :grin2:

You deal with Tesla direct.

They have every reason to want you to be a satisfied customer.
...and it works, I've had to sort a couple of nits and accessories out with them and it has been a pleasure.

No doubt there are a few here that think I whinge about Audi dealers for the fun of it. Actaully nothing could be further from the truth, all I ever wanted was fuss free, efficient and accurate service. I may just have been unlucky but one word sums up my experience with Audi dealers - torrid.
I actually wrote a list at one point of all the f* ups and downright lies and gave up because it was just getting silly, probably still got it somewhere.

And fwiw it's not just Tesla that can offer decent service, previous BMWs and Honda offered perfectly decent service as did the most recent MB dealer.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Can't wait for the thread. "Picked up my new electric a5 and been charged for a tank full of petrol"

Or "am not achieving the mileage range of 5000 miles per charge audi are claiming"
go on I'll take the bait

mine stated range 265 miles
does 265 miles (driving semsibly to the speed limits)

you want to make the same statement about Audi ;)

mine - no emissions
Audi TDi 155g/Km ....

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
go on I'll take the bait

mine stated range 265 miles
does 265 miles (driving semsibly to the speed limits)

mine - no emissions
Audi TDi 155g/Km ....
OT

Gruff please tell me you've tried the 'Summon' feature thats in beta....Just saw a vid on it!

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Well, Audi is certainly eager to MAKE similar claims. They might be a little adrift of real-world numbers, but they're happy enough to make the claims! Come on, gruf. Next you'll be wanting truth in advertising, and God only knows where THAT would end!
Oh, and +1 on the "Summon" feature - have you tried it, and is it as insanely cool as it looks?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Gruff please tell me you've tried the 'Summon' feature thats in beta....Just saw a vid on it!
You know what - it is actually one of those "toys" that is occasionally really quite useful.

park in car park suitably away from the busy areas, come back to cars parked tightly both sides of you, just summon it out, no dingedc doors or struggling to get in.

another one was reversed into car park bay a bit too tight at the back as forgot I had to get stuff out of the boot, just move it forward a bit.

and the look on peoples faces when you stand there with your phone and drive the car out of a bay is just priceless :D

freaked a few ppl out when I summoned it across a car park at the pub once hehe. some ppl thought it was rolling cos I'd left the handbrake off, then I reversed it back again. Could barely get near the car after that little party trick with everyone wanting to see it.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Reactions: Dannyboy

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Ok, one thumbs up and one thumbs down.

Situation is that last week I drove to Manchester from Surrey, and half way there my clutch started to go. I made it to my destination, but didn't fancy trying to get through Friday rush hour Birmingham traffic with a dodgy clutch to get home. That sounded like an invitation to be an item on the traffic news. As I was in Manchester the whole week and wouldn't be needing the car I wanted to get it into a dealer for a rush job so I could get home safely again.

First up I called Trafford Audi (Jardine), who were literally a 10 minute walk from my hotel. Explained the situation and was offered an appointment in three weeks time!. No bloody use at all and didn't seem to understand this was an emergency. I was just talking to a receptionist though and she had a severe case of 'computer says no'. I know I was asking at short notice, but where the car is off the road, and especially when I'm hundreds of miles from home, I kind of expect a main dealer to try their best to assist, and Trafford weren't even trying at all. To be honest even if I was local a three week wait for a failing clutch is pretty rubbish as the car is going to be unusable and/or end up on a recovery. Certainly my local dealer (Lookers in Guildford) have always pulled out the stops for that sort of thing.

Next up I called Stockport Audi (Inchcape), was put straight through to service and the guy booked me in for the next morning. They diagnosed a replacement clutch and had the work done within 24 hours. All done to the standard fixed price for 3yr+ cars and a top notch job. They even respected my request not to clean it! It was a pain having to get from Salford to Stockport and back on public transport, but the dealer was excellent and I'd definitely go back. Trafford on the other hand can get lost.

So if you are in the area and need a service, my advice would be to head down to Stockport!

·
Registered
11 Posts
East Kent Audi

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Audi

I have trusted my A5 to East Kent Audi ever since I brought my car. There prices are very competitive, they talk me through what needs to be done, and actually suggested not having a big service last time due to my low mileage. my car is always given a complementary inside and out valet, and health check. They are very accommodating as I travel through a city to get to them it can be tricky getting to them early morning, so they always mark up as may be late and supply me with some fabulous curtsy cars. I love the way they treat customers, a very personal touch and while I wait coffee and croissants. Top service from a top garage.

·
Registered
Porsche 996 Carrera 4
24 Posts
Name of Dealership: Listers of Worcester

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Don't remember tbh
Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): After an ultimately unrewarding experience at another local Audi dealer, we contacted Worcester just to try an A1 for my daughter (her first new car). The guy couldn't be any more helpful, and was genuinely embarrassed for the brand that the other dealership couldn't be bothered to help my daughter try a car. As it turns out, she bought an A1 elsewhere, but the salesman was helpful all the way, and as a result, she will go back there to look at her A5 in a couple of years.

181 - 196 of 196 Posts