Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In light of some previous threads regarding dealerships, I thought it would be good to build up a list of the *BEST* Audi dealerships in the UK.

I know most members have a preferred dealership with a preferred salesman, so here's where to put the details and let potential A5/S5 buyers know who's the best to deal with.

Simple details:

Name of Dealership:

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member:

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?):

This should be a list of the GOOD dealerships, not a discussion of the bad dealerships or any bad experiences you've had. We can start another thread about that in the future.

I'll start:

Name of Dealership: Ayr Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Robin

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Great aftersales service. Prompt to get the car in and get looked at for warranty issue compared to other dealerships (you know who you are!). Continually offers *FREE* tea and coffee (unlike others), and washes the car after a warranty repair (some other dealers only do this if you service your car - i.e. give them money).

I'll sticky this thread so new members of the forum have a good source of information.

Rab.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Name of Dealership: Reading Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Andrew

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Great service from them when I went to test the S5. The S5 had broken down on the day I was going to test drive it so Andrew took me out in the 3.0TDI and then sorted the S5 for the next day I was free. Did all the enquiries I asked regarding future changes to the car e.g. Audi Sport Differential on the S5, R8 V12 TDI and S5 Cabrio way back before I had even bought the car.

Servicing was good from them also, all the usual good stuff, very polite, tea, coffee biscuits etc even explained all the recall stuff when I asked them....just had a genuinely good experience from them.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Name of Dealership: Stratford Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Alastair Cunningham

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Excellent service prior to placing order, discount friendly :) and unusually, once they had deposit, calls were still returned within minutes and emails answered very promptly.

Very friendly staff, other salespeople willing to help me if Ali wasn't around (again unusual). I have had four new Audis and Stratford have been by far the best to deal with.

Would highly recommend.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Rab88 said:
I'll start:

Name of Dealership: Ayr Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Robin

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Great aftersales service. Prompt to get the car in and get looked at for warranty issue compared to other dealerships (you know who you are!). Continually offers *FREE* tea and coffee (unlike others), and washes the car after a warranty repair (some other dealers only do this if you service your car - i.e. give them money).

I'll sticky this thread so new members of the forum have a good source of information.

Rab.
+1 Agree with you on this Rab. Cannot fault Ayr Audi. I have a mate who is a technician with them and he picks my cars up at the door and returns them at night. He tells me they are in the top four in the uk for customer service which is surprising considering they are part of the Lomond Group.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Name of Dealership: Stirling Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: William Carcary

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Fantastic chap - extremely easy going and his no pressure sales tactics always win me over! Confident that he always gives me a good deal and even came in on his Saturday off to hand over the new A5 before he went on holiday.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Name of Dealership: Aberdeen/Dundee Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Tony (forget his last name) & Richard North

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Wil do anything to help you fantastic pre-sales & aftersales service.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Name of Dealership: Lincoln Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Martin Sanchez (sales), Dom (service mgr) & Adrian (principal)

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Had good service since day 1 - walked in and asked about a test drive in an A4 2.8, and was told they didn't have one in but would let me try a 1.6 for size and feel while they sourced a 2.8, which they did in two days, and let me have it overnight to try it on my commute run. Always happy to lend me stock to try, even if I'm not thinking of buying at the time. Always get me a decent loaner (had Q7s, TTs, S4s, S5s, A8s etc) if the car has to be in overnight, even if that means they take a service loaner A4 home and let me have their toys. Always fight my corner with Audi UK. Get me in on loads of cool events (Q7 Dubai, W12 factory VIP collection, S8 Silverstone, etc). Also, a genuinely friendly bunch of people.

·
Registered
479 Posts
To be fair, you must be one of their best customers!! :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Name of Dealership: Hitchin Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Craig

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Nothing is ever too much trouble. Handled my order very well (accurate & kept me updated on progress) especially considering neither of us had ever seen an A5 (in April 07) and I was living 200 miles away!

Reactions: Ladykb

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Name of Dealership: Carlisle Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Tim White (Sales Mgr)

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Perfect sales experience (yet to test after-sales!) but extremely knowledgeable and informative with 'perfect' communication and etiquette. What's best of all... when I wanted to strike a deal, they struck one and found me by far the best finance option... better even than internet deals. A delight to deal with.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Bristol

Name of Dealership: Bristol Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Richard T Sales Manager, James G, Mark P in sales and James A Service

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Excellent service these days. Richard T is game for a good negotiate.;) Shame Audi CC give them duff info at times.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Aylesbury

Name of Dealership: Aylesbury

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: No idea

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Great customer service in the service dept. Really friendly, overly helpful folks. Dealt with so many issues under warranty that other dealerships wouldn't. Oh, and they always add am Audi-badged tim of sweeties in the car...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Name of Dealership: Finchley Road Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Glen Ferrari

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Came down to our office spec the car up for px and we signed the agreement and got a very good discount, also brought the car down to us. But dont think he works there anymore.

I went to Lea Valley Chingford, E4 before and cant rem his name but he wasent helpful, he rang back offering me a used Audi, but I got a better deal on a new one with Glen!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Name of Dealership: Finchley Road Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Glen Ferrari

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Came down to our office spec the car up for px and we signed the agreement and got a very good discount, also brought the car down to us. But dont think he works there anymore.

I went to Lea Valley Chingford, E4 before and cant rem his name but he wasent helpful, he rang back offering me a used Audi, but I got a better deal on a new one with Glen!
So what are you getting and what discount? Thought you said earlier today you were only offered 5%.:moped:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nah sorry the finchley road one is when I got my Audi A3

I went yesterday to Lea valley and they offered 5% off for th A5, Im gonna negotiate 10%

·
Registered
36 Posts
Name of Dealership: Gilders Chesterfield (now amalgamated with Sheffield).

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Annabele, Abigail, Jane

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): Looked after me for almost 8 years. Always pleasant and helpful Always arranged to drop me off at the office when car in for service. Collect me when its ready. Car always ready on time (even for problems/new parts). Their sales guy Paul Hughes managed to get me the spec I wanted cheaper than any other lease company I tried (I had a monthly limit and he was the only one to include Sat Nav).

Hope that now they've joined with the Sheffield Gilders they don't get too big and lose the personal touch.

·
Registered
702 Posts
The best (in my opinion)

Stratford Audi (Listers)
In Stratford Upon Avon
Alastair Cunningham

Attentive / Friendly / Does what he commits to and..
I got over 10% off list on a brand new 3.0TDi Quattro Sport.

·
Registered
84 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name of Dealership: Whetstone Audi

Saleperson/Sales Executive/staff member: Fin McCormick (Sales), Francesca Serra (Service mgr)

Why They're the best (e.g. Good aftersales service?): After sales service are friendly, very customer focused, no fuss. Salesman, do not put pressure on you and take the time to do things properly..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im in the process of buying a an A5 so this thread helps

So far Kam at Finchley is giving me the best deal with very good discount

Spoke to Finn at Whetstone but he isnt giving as good as deal

Alastair at Listers Stratford seems to be open to do a deal tho

·
Registered
30 Posts
Where can we name and shame the bad stealerships and their apprentices? Like Listers Coventry for example......

1 - 20 of 194 Posts